Sign in to follow this  
Mathew Johnson

Armstrong Clark Stain... Truth in advertising???

Question

When I agreed to try Armstrong Clark Stain, one thing that was mentioned was that it could rain immediately after application and it would be fine.

Last Thursday we were applying it to the large lakeside project and we saw the clouds coming over the ridge behind us. We finished applying the coat to the deck and railings.

Six minutes after we finished the last board it started to rain. It poured to the point that we were stuck under the eaves of the house with water gushing out of the ran gutters. I thought oh well, I will be fixing this mess when it dries.

We returned to the project site today to stain one of the other decks and fix the area from Thursday.

MUCH TO MY SURPRISE, THE AREA IN QUESTION LOOKED FLAWLESS, IT LOOKED LIKE ALL OF THE OTHER AREAS THAT HAD BEEN STAINED IN DRY WEATHER ON PREVIOUS DAYS.

The project as a whole looks great. Will try to post pics when I can.

:lgjump::lgjump::lgjump::lgjump:

TWO THUMBS UP FOR JAKE CLARK AND HIS PRODUCT!!

Edited by NYPWC.NET

10 answers to this question

Thats good to know, I'm trying out the AC Simi Trans Cedar myself Friday on two decks. I got the small sample pack and made up some PTYP railings for show. Did one that was laying out behind the shop which was soaked on one side and it came out looking just like the other sides.

Matt ,on a PT floor and a cedar handrail system combo. I put RS on the floor and AC on the rails and it rained right after the deck was finished . I had to redo the top of cedar Handrails because most of it washed away. Probably the difference is the way the two different woods except and cure stains.

Matt ,on a PT floor and a cedar handrail system combo. I put RS on the floor and AC on the rails and it rained right after the deck was finished . I had to redo the top of cedar Handrails because most of it washed away. Probably the difference is the way the two different woods except and cure stains.

Thanks.... I will keep tht in mind, I dont do many Cedar decks here. 2 in 5 years