Sign in to follow this  
Rick2

Has this ever happened to you?

Question

When I left a job today I forgot to put up the tailgate of the truck. WHile making a sharp left turn I heard the metal on metal CRUNCH of the tailgate being smashed against the jack post of the trailer. Now I need a new tailgate. Not a good way to start the week.

5 answers to this question

Ow!!!!

I hate to admit that I forgot to set parking brake once on standard. On a hill. Nose of truck upward. Rolled back into a jack knife position which was actually good, because there was a creek about 5 ft drop off. Stupid move, but, lucky me. The trailer saved the truck.

.....Sorry for your loss.

Ah, no big problem. I did it once before a few years back. A good friend of mine, Bill, is a custom autobody worker and was able to fix it the last time it happened. Beyond repair this time. He can get a new tailgate for about 75 bucks and paint it for a case of beer. Sounds like a good deal to me.

I worked for an ice company in the 80's,...and once, I left the door on the back of a delivery truck unlatched, and while going up a hill I lost about 30-40 bags of ice. Those things happen.

Jeff