Sign in to follow this  
jetstream1

Be Safe Florida

Question

36 answers to this question

Hang in there guys. Glad to hear all is well so far. Not a darn thing happening here. Still the same. Little breezy and a couple of very light showers that blew through for about 2 min each. Stay safe!

Our power just went out and came back on about 3-4 minutes later. Hope that's it. Otherwise it might turn into a long, hot night....and I don't mean that in a good way! :2eyes:

Hey Squirtgun,

If this thing does what they think it might, you'll be in line for some action also.

Fay Predicted To Rage Into Hurricane, Slam Florida Again - Orlando Weather News Story - WKMG Orlando

Looks like we could get as much as 10" of rain if this thing stays it's current predicted course.

I have a yard full of 60' pine trees and a couple of water oaks that are the same size.Even if we don't get the wind the excess rain by it's self could be enough to bring any or all down and they are all within striking distance of the house.

On the up side it will put a huge dent in the rainfall deficit we have been struggling with for almost 2 yrs.

Well around Gainesville we have gotten very little wind and rain so far. This is suppose to change tonight and tomorrow, but nothing like what you got Mel. Everybody stay safe! Hugh

Well we are just waiting to see if and when the storm is going to make that turn to the west. Once that happens we will get our share. I just hope we are on the west side of it where the store isn't that bad. Here is a story for you, yesterday I went to the dentist to get a filling put in. After they numbed me up the whole one side of my face was numb I could hardly speak clearly. Wouldn't you know it I got a call to clean a driveway. I ask the lady what her address was and I guess she thought I was drunk or something because she immediately told me never mind and hung up before I could get another word out. I laughed it off and did not bother to call her and explain once I could speak normal again 2-hours later. Hugh