Sign in to follow this  
jetstream1

Be Safe Florida

Question

36 answers to this question

Thanks Beth. I hate to say it but they have a tendency to overreact down here now due to past storm expeiences. If we absolutely have to leave we may do so in the morning. We are not supposed to get hit until tomorrow evening...

Got the outdoor furniture secured, the umbrellas down and tied, and anything else that might otherwise go flying moved inside.

Batteries, water, ipod and phones charged, all 3 cars gassed up and just got back from picking up some Hurricane Party supplies. We're ready for the 1st one of the year for us. Looks like we might get by with just Tropical Storm effects, but unfortunately that can mean tornadoes as well. The timeline for us will be tomorrow, mid-morning when winds and the bands of heavy rain roll in.

These things are always exciting, sometimes in a bad way, other times not so bad. They're always tricky to predict and that usually creates anxiety for most.

Ok! They keep changing things. Now its volentary for us to evacuate. Storm now seems to be heading more North East than before...Wait 15 min and it will change again. :clock:

Who is having going to have party by the way house near me is trying to get ready she tried to test her generator would not start I asked when was it last started about 4.5 years ago lets just say it need to be looked at would not start for her at all. me I am lucky one I work also for hospital that has large generators so no power lose will hapen here.

Who is having going to have party by the way house near me is trying to get ready she tried to test her generator would not start I asked when was it last started about 4.5 years ago lets just say it need to be looked at would not start for her at all. me I am lucky one I work also for hospital that has large generators so no power lose will hapen here.

........sounds good! :island::winkanim:

As Fay nears Good luck to all in her way and be safe

I used to live on the coast in South Carolina so I am all too familiar with what a storm like Fay means to you guys down there so I hope for the best for all of you.

Right now the people in the upstate of South Carolina are so desperate for rain they are praying that the remnants of Fay makes it our way and hangs out on top of us for a few days.

I for one don't expect much except heavy rain tornados and wind. But after living in the Florida Keys for 15-years and working in and riding through numerous hurricanes, I am more relaxed to be living further north in the state. I too hope everyone is safe after this storm, I see on the news they expect more hurricanes to form this year that they thought before. Hugh

Donnot you like to watch the last minate pple that test there equipment get stuff from hardware stores. I pretty much ready to go but not this single mother that live next store to me with a generator that has not run in 5 years but she left gass in the carb wish I could stay home watch the storms but have to work.

We are getting hammered with a lot of rain and 30 40 mph of wind. Nothing like the hurricanes of 04. At least the roofs I cleaned are getting well rinsed.lol

We are getting hammered with a lot of rain and 30 40 mph of wind. Nothing like the hurricanes of 04. At least the roofs I cleaned are getting well rinsed.lol

At least your getting rain Mel. It's partly cloudy here and a little breezy but not a drop of rain.

Same here not a drop of rain. I think they blew this up to be a big killer

all I know is I could have had a half days work in ....Now they are talking about it going out from Daytona Beach and out in the water and maybe picking up speed and going right back to Florida...

Anytime there is a storm in Florida, the geniuses head to the beach for some fun (or not).

YouTube - **WATCH** Tragic Kite Surfing Accident: Rider Gets Seriously Injured

I seen that on the news last night that is the funniest thing I have ever seen! I think that would be so much fun minus the landing on A1A.

I just spoke with Mel (PWKid) down in Vero Beach. There was a tornado that touched down just North of him earlier this afternoon. 9 homes were deemed uninhabitable and a total of 51 damaged. No reports of fatalities yet, just the usual idiots trying to go surfing. He said they have had a ton of rain and wind and lost their internet service around 11-12 this morning. Other than that, they're doing OK.

The feeder bands are moving Northwest, toward Orlando and Central Florida. It's been raining almost all day here and the winds have gradually increased throughout the day. We're also under a tornado watch until 1 AM tomorrow morning.