Sign in to follow this  
krisztian1981

Safety

Question

13 answers to this question

Krisztian,

I would run to my local safety store and find out. We cannot recommend your needs. You have to speak with a supplier and see the recommendations. They are up on all the safety equipment required by OSHA. It will pay for you to do the right thing. Also it may save your life? I believe the penalty for no harness is now $20,000? Thank You.

Krisztian,

I would run to my local safety store and find out. We cannot recommend your needs. You have to speak with a supplier and see the recommendations. They are up on all the safety equipment required by OSHA. It will pay for you to do the right thing. Also it may save your life? I believe the penalty for no harness is now $20,000? Thank You.

Huh? I believe the penalty for no harness on a slippery four story roof is a flat face. >--I-O

In all seriousness,,,If your "a newbie" for real I think a 4 story roof is a little ambitious to start out with. That high up there is a lot more equipment and logistics that are necessary to do that job safely AND proper than a harness. If you don't have or know which harness you should use leads to the conclusion you've never done a job like that before and not equipped for that job in more than one aspect. I'd suggest you turn one of the established guys here from Fl on to that job in exchange for maybe a finders fee and or some training. Most guys train for free labor but I wouldn't turn over a big job for free but don't be greedy. And or a couple of smaller jobs from them. Just sayin....gravity ain't forgiving,,, neither is a pissed off management or insurance company who realizes after the fact you did not know what you were doing and damaged something or got someone hurt. Might post on the "job leads" forum and get some help. No shame there, make a friend, some respect and a NETWORK BUDDY.

In all seriousness,,,If your "a newbie" for real I think a 4 story roof is a little ambitious to start out with. That high up there is a lot more equipment and logistics that are necessary to do that job safely AND proper than a harness. If you don't have or know which harness you should use leads to the conclusion you've never done a job like that before and not equipped for that job in more than one aspect. I'd suggest you turn one of the established guys here from Fl on to that job in exchange for maybe a finders fee and or some training. Most guys train for free labor but I wouldn't turn over a big job for free but don't be greedy. And or a couple of smaller jobs from them. Just sayin....gravity ain't forgiving,,, neither is a pissed off management or insurance company who realizes after the fact you did not know what you were doing and damaged something or got someone hurt. Might post on the "job leads" forum and get some help. No shame there, make a friend, some respect and a NETWORK BUDDY.

Great advice!!!!!!

or.. if you do land the project.....

You may need an articulating lift that is all terrain.

Excellent suggestion!

I use this tool a great deal and 40-50' is a dream. One of the ultimate tools.

To revisit experience...if you have never run one of these machines,get the training!It is not rocket science ,but these are serious machines.

You can use up your ins.coverage in a heartbeat.

Be honest with your skills and build wisely.

Excellent suggestion!

I use this tool a great deal and 40-50' is a dream. One of the ultimate tools.

To revisit experience...if you have never run one of these machines,get the training!It is not rocket science ,but these are serious machines.

You can use up your ins.coverage in a heartbeat.

Be honest with your skills and build wisely.

I'm getting a 40 ft delivered this fri for a new acct. It is a beast.

I've been doing HOA's for 2 years and pressure washing for 3, I haven't used a lift, i have a person that i bring to operate it when i use on. I don't know which is the proper harness to use, that is why i asked, i didn't mean to **** anyone off sorry guys :(

this job is 46 2 story units and 12units in a 4 story condo. in 2007 i've done about 175 HOA roofs im here to NETWORK and to learn more from others. In my opinion that is the beautiful thing about pressure washing that almost every guy uses different equipment and a different method. and all of us help each other out and not compete like in other occupations.

Thats ok you just introduced yourself as "I am the newbie" so thats what I took from it. Not pssd at all just didn't want to see someone make a mistake that didn't need to make it. Like you said were all here to help one another. Wasnt trying to "birddog" your job just making a logical suggestion. Turning over a job that was too big for you to one of the "big boys" would pay dividends 10x's I bet with training and sub jobs back to you and would be worth it no question.

Need to fill in your sig with your company info at the bottom like everyone else. Its required. I see Sister Beth gettin her knuckle cracker out over there.

I've been doing HOA's for 2 years and pressure washing for 3, I haven't used a lift, i have a person that i bring to operate it when i use on. I don't know which is the proper harness to use, that is why i asked, i didn't mean to **** anyone off sorry guys :(

this job is 46 2 story units and 12units in a 4 story condo. in 2007 i've done about 175 HOA roofs im here to NETWORK and to learn more from others. In my opinion that is the beautiful thing about pressure washing that almost every guy uses different equipment and a different method. and all of us help each other out and not compete like in other occupations.

Krisz,

no need to think you p***** anyone off.

Full body harness with shocked lanyard.6' to 3' lanyard,depending on state regs.They are great machines.