Sign in to follow this  
4running

Mi-T-M Machines

OK guys-

I have been through 3 hot water units in the last 3 years, all have needed some sort of work or improvement. Every time I get a new machine, it has been an upgrade, so its not as if ive been ruining the machines or wearing them out.

I have had one Landa and two Hotsy's. I have never had an Mi-T-M, but I have a lead on one that needs some repair and I would like to make the repairs and present it to my step dad for Christmas. It is a gas powered machine.

I have become intrigued by these machines as the burners are so compact that they are almost tiny, and they do not require a 12 volt source for the burners. And the burners burn down instead of up. They also just seem so much different than other machines. Are these machines as innovative as I think they are? Being built in Iowa I assume that parts are available and the quality is high.

Or are they just kinda junky?

Thanks for the opinions

Kyle

OK guys-

I have been through 3 hot water units in the last 3 years, all have needed some sort of work or improvement. Every time I get a new machine, it has been an upgrade, so its not as if ive been ruining the machines or wearing them out.

I have had one Landa and two Hotsy's. I have never had an Mi-T-M, but I have a lead on one that needs some repair and I would like to make the repairs and present it to my step dad for Christmas. It is a gas powered machine.

I have become intrigued by these machines as the burners are so compact that they are almost tiny, and they do not require a 12 volt source for the burners. And the burners burn down instead of up. They also just seem so much different than other machines. Are these machines as innovative as I think they are? Being built in Iowa I assume that parts are available and the quality is high.

Or are they just kinda junky?

Thanks for the opinions

Kyle

I have two hydroteks... The only repair I have doen in the last three years is replace a thermostat in one of them.

I have a Mi-T-M 2403 and it is an EXCELLENT unit. Honda 13 hp . They use a serpintine belt that runs down to a magneto discharge unit that fires the burner, blower and pump. They are very compact and thier cusomer service is the best in the industry I have ever experienced.

The only weakness is the belt for the unit. Keep a spare, they are a 4 rib serpentine and are durable like a cars serpintine . Ony thing to to change one out you have to unbolt the pump to get to the belt once you do it it can be done in 20 mins with a wrench and a 4.5mm long handles allen wrench. I called for info on mine and had 2 servcice techs answer it and one even called back to see if we had the machine back up and running and if we needed any further help.

I have a Mi-T-M 2403 and it is an EXCELLENT unit. Honda 13 hp . They use a serpintine belt that runs down to a magneto discharge unit that fires the burner, blower and pump. They are very compact and thier cusomer service is the best in the industry I have ever experienced.

The only weakness is the belt for the unit. Keep a spare, they are a 4 rib serpentine and are durable like a cars serpintine . Ony thing to to change one out you have to unbolt the pump to get to the belt once you do it it can be done in 20 mins with a wrench and a 4.5mm long handles allen wrench. I called for info on mine and had 2 servcice techs answer it and one even called back to see if we had the machine back up and running and if we needed any further help.

Is that the machine that uses a Briggs flywheel and mag coil for ignition, and the belt goes through a cutout in the flange of the Faip pump?

Kyle I would think what matters is what brand/model parts and technology a perticular unit is utilizing. Perhaps some brands are using cheap junky parts but that would not be my experinece with my Mi-t-m. In considering the age of a used unit you may run across any number of brands useing outdated switching or even engines. For instance I was not fond of the Briggs L engine or the vac type switch on mine due to technology of the time yet the brands involved are top quality. Can't really get better then Beckett or General really. Mine has general pump, becket burner,stainless coil. Engine wise I advise picking a brand/design with overhead valves so ya can change valves out with heads. Kawasaki or Honda is good.

Edited by MMI Enterprises

Kyle I would think what matters is what brand/model parts and technology a perticular unit is utilizing. Perhaps some brands are using cheap junky parts but that would not be my experinece with my Mi-t-m. In considering the age of a used unit you may run across any number of brands useing outdated switching or even engines. For instance I was not fond of the Briggs L engine or the vac type switch on mine due to technology of the time yet the brands involved are top quality. Can't really get better then Beckett or General really. Mine has general pump, becket burner,stainless coil. Engine wise I advise picking a brand/design with overhead valves so ya can change valves out with heads. Kawasaki or Honda is good.

I would have to agree, but these Mi-T-M machines dont use standard parts like beckett burners etc. They do use the same AR or general pumps, but besides the engine everything else is proprietary.

Kyle

Is that the machine that uses a Briggs flywheel and mag coil for ignition, and the belt goes through a cutout in the flange of the Faip pump?

I dont know what a FAIP pump is but the magneto and flywheel look like a briggs units.

to me that is innovative, no one else is doing it...........

yes it is.

I would have to agree, but these Mi-T-M machines dont use standard parts like beckett burners etc. They do use the same AR or general pumps, but besides the engine everything else is proprietary.

Kyle

Abit late on this now but...vintage I have of a 3005 model does indeed have quality standard parts like Beckett burners and Cat unloader..unsure what they got going in them nowadays.