Sign in to follow this  
CCPC

X-Jet why?

Question

I read all of the replies about the X-Jet in the other thread, but I still do not understand exactly what the advantages are. I use a downstreamer almost all of the time from a tank located on my trailer. What does the X-Jet do that makes it so useful? Is it the chemical application distance? Is it the ratio variablilty? The reason I ask is that I am interested in this product but it kinda seems like more hassel than it is worth. Can someone please explain in detail all of the defining features of this product. Thanks

8 answers to this question

Alot of people like it because it will put on such a strong solution at 1 part chem to 2 parts water, which is more often read 2-1.

I like it for the more precise dilution ratios, as I use the proportioners that came with it. Some do not like them, as they use multiple cleaners and would have to switch them all the time, but they work well for me.

The distance that it shoots is also a plus, as it can eliminate ladders and keep your feet on the ground in many situations.

I have read that some prefer their downstreamer and use a drilled out 0° for the distance. Never tried that, as I wanted the use of the proportioners.

I consider the Xjet to be an essential part of my tools. It ranks up there with a surface cleaner as fare as importance. Take it from me, I worked almost two years before I decided to bite the bullet a get one and I regret not getting one earlier. I lost my original one and have just replaced it with the M5 and I like it just the same if not better. I don’t use it all the time as I have a shurflow and pump ups I use to. Like I said its part of the arsenal. As far as advantages- It is the only nozzle that that can pull soaps 2/1. If used in conjunction with the right chems, correctly, this will cut back on your labor. Also the X jet can reach up to and over most two-story homes. This minimizes the use of ladders and again saves labor. There are other shooter tips and foamers that can also reach those heights but not at 2/1. (that I know of) The draw back is you have an additional hose and buckets and or tank to deal with. This can be overcome with minimal effort. Get one ASAP. Beth sells them. Rick G

Good question, What are the differences between the M5 and the regular X-Jet? Also, I can definitely see the advantages of the 2 to 1 ratio of water and chem. I think I'm finally starting to see the light. I like to have a good idea of the uses for a product before haphazardly buying without thinking.

I have both x-jets. When I do a house wash i use the m-5 x-jet. With the adjustable nozzle on the tip its saves some time and the agrivation of screwing on the close range tip.

The original x-jet I use for spraying caustics down. I.E. driveway cleaner, acid for mortar tag removal and even deck stripper.

Both are very good purchases for me and have saved me alot of time in my cleanings. Alos when I do my house washes I do use a 72"(6ft.) wand. Some sides of the homes here in NJ are pretty High and that added length helps get the water where you need it. I will also use a 6' stepladder too so I can get a little higher hen needed. Its easier than using an extension wand like the extanda wand or coress as they are still cumbersome to use.

You will not be disappointed with the purchase of either x-jet. They have a place in your tool box just like a turbo nozzle or any other piece of equipment you have.

Good luck

I also have the M-5 x-jet and if something happened to it I would be on the phone ordering another one. I am new to powerwashing and didnt own the regular x-jet but with the M-5 I can adjust spray pattern without changing tips. This is a big plus when working off a ladder cleaning aluminum roofs.