Sign in to follow this  
RPetry

The Grime Scene pays dividends

Question

6 answers to this question

Beth,

It is not so much as a "beast" size wise, but an elevated difficult strip and sand finish wise. Its red mahogany with nasty Behr's and Cabot's trash stains just being an eyesore and maintenance nightmare for the wood. Red mahogany deserves better.

Email back from the customer after a handshake this AM:

It was a real pleasure meeting you as well.

Thanks for the pictures and contracts…it all looks great and either stripping scenario works fine for me. I trust your judgement.

I will make sure the water is turned on, and will leave a check for you on Monday in the door we used behind the screen.

Looking forward to working with you.

These are the customers we all dream about. I cannot guarantee a total strip until on site with proper chems and a PW. If unsure, give your customers an option.

Be straight and honest. With meeting the customer this AM and his email response, I will do everything under the sun to do the best work possible. Its a two way street. If they trust you and are willing to reasonably compensate your efforts, pay 'em back in spades.

Its great the BBS are helping fellows find and get work. I personally have never seen it happen more than in the last couple of months.

Thanks for sharing your story, its great to hear them.

It's been happening here for years. I know of folks in multiple states - all over the US who have gotten work in many areas of specialty. This is why I push for professionalism so heavily, because your potential customers can read this.

Beth :cup: :umbrella:

Ron,

We have probably booked about a dozen wood restoration jobs over the years due to TGS. Since putting up a company web site a few years ago, it has become harder to measure. Customers appear to come from our site, but I think some of them still find us through TGS.