Sign in to follow this  
John Orr

Chems at Northern

On a recent visit to my local Northern Tool, I discovered that they now carry Gutter Zap ($17/gal?). I've never used it myself as I prefer Simple Green - which is what GZ sure smells like! lol They also carry Brixx - similar to SureKleen and an awful lot like Safe Restore...and it only costs about $8/gal!!!

John, you live next to a Northern Tool supply store ?

Sometimes, it seems as though I live IN a Northern Tool store! lol Actually, there are 2 in my area, plus the catalog and online.

John I've tried some of those "Monster" chemicals, mainly because it's a local company. I havn't had much success with them. I havn't tried them all either though. When the degreaser and something else (I forget) didn't work I stopped experimenting.

I wish they did work, I could probably buy them direct and skip Northern.

I've got a local chemical house though. They have the best stuff.

John I've tried some of those "Monster" chemicals, mainly because it's a local company. I haven't had much success with them. I haven't tried them all either though. When the degreaser and something else (I forget) didn't work I stopped experimenting.

I wish they did work, I could probably buy them direct and skip Northern.

I've got a local chemical house though. They have the best stuff.

I am not endorsing any other chem at Northern, I too have tried most of them and have been disappointed. I used to use their Roof Wash (sodium hydroxide) as a deck stripper - until they diluted it 90%...at the same price.

I personally use Simple Green for washing gutters, but some people swear by Gutter Zap. If someone wanted to try it, buying at Northern would save the shipping $$. BRIXX, on the other hand, actually works - though I haven't actually used it for washing mortar tags. lol