Sign in to follow this  
svp07

Spray Through?

Question

Just a question, I am new here and to power washing, but I was wondering how some of you were handling spray through on fences? Are you setting up protection on the other person's property after asking? What if they are not home?

Thanks,

Steve

5 answers to this question

I have found the 2 most useful tools is a tarp and a tack staple gun....I used the staple gun to fasten the cloth tarps and then pull the staples out (they usually come off with the tarp) and move the tarp to the next area. Large pieces of cardboard help too. I usually find the cardboard at a packaging company. They usually have quite a bit in their dumpster

Andy

Obtain permission in writing and ahead of doing the job. You can make it your customer's responsibility to obtain approval if you wish. However, if you make it the customer's responsibility to ask the neighbor for access you might miss an opportunity to sell some of your services.

Thanks guys,

I like idea of a 2x2x8' and attaching a tarp to it. Then you can move it along and do large sections of fence at a time.

Prices on tarps seem pretty good at northertools, anyone got a better site?

Thanks again,

Steve

If there stuff in the neighbors yard that will get dirty, I use canvas tarps too. I found these giant thumbtacks at Walmart in the office section, they work great. You just tap them in and pull them out. I used to use plastic sheeting, but it takes up too much space when you roll it back up, tarps just fold up.