How long can you do deck restoration where you live?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How long can you do deck restoration where you live?

• 4 months
    • 6 months
    • 8 months
    • All year long baby!

Question

17 answers to this question

I do April to Oct but I think April is worse. I am starting another deck today. If a deck is in direct sunlight I stretch the season. I went into Nov last year. One year I did a house in NOV and the North side didn't dry until spring.

This was perhaps the worse year weather wise I've had. The POP UP thunder storms in MAY, JUNE ,JULY, and AUG were killers.

good yr for me although the TV scared people about the sky is falling economy and it slowed at the end. I did get 2 calls for large jobs but I had work already scheduled and they didn't want to wait for next season. this year I got larger jobs from more affluent people and they don't feel the pinch like others. 2009 should be fun to see where this whole economy thing goes.

We always have one week in Feb. that we work then march and april are pretty sketchy. we go pretty well through the summer and end about halloween or a week after. It's kinda fun to hear what you guys are doing out there on the east side.(I'm out in Oregon). Sounds like you guys have about the same season as me.......

Ditto what Celeste said in Clemson,SC as well. We are in an extreme drought period here. One good thing about a drought...it never rains on the deck before you get to stain it. Bad thing about a drought...if it last long enough you get hit with mandatory water restrictions in the height of the season and you can't clean them.

Ditto what Celeste said in Clemson,SC as well. We are in an extreme drought period here. One good thing about a drought...it never rains on the deck before you get to stain it. Bad thing about a drought...if it last long enough you get hit with mandatory water restrictions in the height of the season and you can't clean them.

Have their dog go potty on the deck - it then becomes a matter of health, which is not prohibited to take care of :)

Hey Celeste,

On about those same lines, I cleaned a house the other day that someone hit with about a dozen eggs. The city couldn't stop me from cleaning up the acts of vandalism to this home owner.

I can see the headlines now when people realize they can get their home cleaned if they get egged and start lobbing them at their own houses..."Police are baffled as reports come in that homes all over Clemson were egged last night. Pressure washing business booming"

Finished a Cedar Garage door yesterday ? should dry by May....lol... A side note adding a little Acetone or Naphtha ( Spelling) will speed up drying of an oil base sealer. But it will increase cost a little and decrease the solid content of the sealer. So you might have to put more on as you get used to the process of adding these additives to the addendum !