Sign in to follow this  
James

The WHO ! Concert last night !

Question

Just woke up from going to the Who concert last night with my 15 year old son. I surprised him yesterday? I picked him from school and he didn't know where he was going !!

It was great too see such Great Legends perform and Rock!! Also, fun to see the people that have Gray hair, our Bald, and where glasses . Aging gracefully along with the "OLD Rockers"... Many fathers with teenage son's bridging the generational gap last night !! Proving we can make it through the "Teen age Waste land" ( First song).

15 answers to this question

I'm jealous!

Saw them in Memphis ('70 or '71) and I remember how great that concert was.

Going to concerts with your teenagers is a lot of fun. My son (now 26) and I went to see Lynyrd Skynyrd about 10 years ago. His best comment during the concert was, "Does everybody know all words to all the songs and sing along for the whole concert?"

Stay safe,

Chuck

It was a F$%#@^ Rock & Roll Concert not a F@%^ Tea Party. Was at concert on Sunday night in Phila during World Series. Great time 3rd time in 3 yrs to see them. I think Peter and Roger are better than Mick & CO.

But the warmup group was horrible.

Edited by tunatussle

I like Who better also( Than Stones) ! I saw the "Jimi Hendrix Experience" tour a couple of weeks ago. Very intense 3 hours of high powered Guitar by Buddy Guy, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Jonny Lang, Eric Johnson, Bernard Alison, and a host of others doing Jimi Proud !! All I can say about that was WOW !! Go see it if comes to your area. It's a 5 week tour .Took the kid to that one also.

Cris Berman from ESPN was sitting pretty close to me at the concert. Maybe he'll interject some "Who Song" analogies during the Bitz on Sunday?

I've seen the WHO and the STONES in Concert and there both GREAT!! I was a bigger WHO fan in the 70's along with David Bowie. Pete Townsend is a GOD in my book. Better then Clapton all around. Pete's song writing in my life is as Good as it gets.

Alot of Smoke in the air when I see the who...........They will always rock on!!!!!!

No one, really no one, had or has a voice like Roy Orbison, RIP. It was terrific that he hooked up with Dylan, Petty, Harrison, and Jeff Lynn (Electric Light Orchestra fame) late in life and reignited his long musical career.