Sign in to follow this  
Jeffrey Abrams

Need Help

Question

I cleaned a house two months ago and now the home owner calls and said her new windows are stained( which they are) I believe either my gutter cleaner or my house wash left what looks like water spots that are outlined faintly in white. I've tried everything that I know goofe off, denature alcohol Any thoughts?

12 answers to this question

Ive had customers call for that reason as well.(Not 2 months later though). Glass cleaner won't do it. A capfull or 2 of simple green and a couple squirts of Dawn dish soap in a gal bucket of water always gets the stains off. That is if you were only using sh and reg house wash mix to clean when you did it. Got this recipe from a window cleaner a long time ago. Never have a problem with it! Good Luck!

Thanks to everyone who responded. As to what I used - gutter zap on the gutters and blend of sh andC-86(potassium Hydroxide based) to wash the house. As to why she waited 2 months I'm clueless. This is a repeat customer who lives in an over 55 community.(they are very old) I know if she would have called in a couple of days I would have not had a problem getting it off.

G'day

I've had success at cleaning away soap residue and water marks left after cleaning the house by using "bathroom cleaner". It is an acid formula used to remove, wait for it..., soap scum and water marks/minerals from baths/showers. Just spray, rub gently with a soft cloth, repeat as needed, then rinse thoroughly. I find spraying & wiping over with window cleaner helps remove the remaining residue. I found the tip here at TGS, white vinegar - an acid was also mentioned.

What i learned to get off chem. stains is to have your rig ready wet the glass with water first then use the chem. you used that stained the glass and this should help if it is on the surface of the glass. Hope this helps.

Thank you

A cleaner with Acid in it works best to remove dried on Chems. The problem is if the chem stay's on to long it will etch the glass. Solving that is a different issue. Zud's is a handi cleaner( has some Acid) and Bon Ami. Or make up some deck brightner, soap, bush, rinse off. Safe Restore works Awesome!!