Sign in to follow this  
PWkid

I Guess I can do more than clean roofs.

Question

Hometown News

I had an awesome time and promoted my business. It was a lot of fun and a lot of work. lol It went to some good causes. We have it better than some and it is always better to give than receive. I will take orders for chilli and send you some. lolsmile.gifsmile.gif

8 answers to this question

Hometown News

I had an awesome time and promoted my business. It was a lot of fun and a lot of work. lol It went to some good causes. We have it better than some and it is always better to give than receive. I will take orders for chilli and send you some. lolsmile.gifsmile.gif

Thats vry neat, i would imagine it was fun also....

I will take and order and try some.

That is just too cool! I once sat in on a seminar to try to learn to cook competition chili as a hobby (rules etc were covered), but then life took hold and I never did it. It is awesome you did this!

Beth :cheers:

Thanks guys, it was truly the most fun I have had in awhile, I had my wife and kids,and my employees there to support me. I have been making chilli for a long time and this year I decided to enter it in the Chilli cook-off. I have had friends and relatives tell me it was the best but I have never been asked to make 10 gallons of chilli I did not know where to begin,I took my regular recipe and added a whole lot more stuff. lol It turned out good I guess because I won my category and I had several people come by after sampling it and tell me it was the best they ever tasted. To be honest I keep it simple with lots of onions and peppers and several pounds of meat and Italian sausage (thats the key) ssshhhh don't tell anyone.lol I never make it too spicy hot. I think thats where some people over do it.

Thanks guys, it was truly the most fun I have had in awhile, I had my wife and kids,and my employees there to support me. I have been making chilli for a long time and this year I decided to enter it in the Chilli cook-off. I have had friends and relatives tell me it was the best but I have never been asked to make 10 gallons of chilli I did not know where to begin,I took my regular recipe and added a whole lot more stuff. lol It turned out good I guess because I won my category and I had several people come by after sampling it and tell me it was the best they ever tasted. To be honest I keep it simple with lots of onions and peppers and several pounds of meat and Italian sausage (thats the key) ssshhhh don't tell anyone.lol I never make it too spicy hot. I think thats where some people over do it.

Just looking at you makes me Hungry Mel :)

I could see us putting away some Chili and a Beer, after work of course.

TOO Spicy Hot kills the flavor, IMHO.