Sign in to follow this  
HotShot

Just when you think people couldn't be any dumber...

Question

True Story, I swear...

Our family friend is a teacher at a secondary school here in Barstow and works with pregnant teen mothers trying to get through school. She got a new student and her name is

La-a

She asked her how to pronounce it and she said...bahahahaha....this is the funniest thing I've ever heard...hahhahaha....

"Ladasha...the dash don't be silent"

baahahahahahah...ahahahahhaha

I didn't realize that dashes had sounds....hahahahhaha

That takes ebonics to a whole nuther level. So, I've been thinking of some other ways to use this....uhm, unique writing skill. We have a c@ and a dog. My wife is going to start spelling her name Kris10 (Kristen).

Maybe I was wrong and the gov't DOES need to be involved with the school system. OMG, I can't believe somebody could be that stupid...I was just dumb-(dash is silent here) founded.

7 answers to this question

OMG that is hilarious!!!!!!! My name is Shelly so maybe I could also try doing the Prince thing and use a symbol or picture. Maybe a picture of a shell and a y on the end.

My name is hyphenated... Crafton-Hill. So is my name really Craftondashhill? That is interesting!

Ka-boom!

My wife was in elementary education her entire career. Just starting out after college, she was a reading teacher for a few years in a poor school system in East Orange, NJ under the federally funded Title 1 program.

One of her students was named, first and middle, Formica Dinette. Unfortunately, her last name was not Table. Another boy was named Alterail, as in "alter rail" found in a church.

Moving on into suburban school systems, one girls' name was Hillary Tinkle. Hah! One day a boy, Max Marter, came up to her crying. Poor kid was being incessantly teased by the other children, calling him "Max Marter the Farter"!

Kids are writing like they do when the are online chatting. The english language has always been evolving and will continue to do so. I'd think few here would want to speak like they did back in 1850 with all their thous and thees and stuff.

Well, I guess I can now put confirmed on snopes, right? What I told you IS a true story...the girl is going to school at this very minute 5 minutes from my house. Her teacher has been a family friend for 20+ years so I know 100% that she is not lying.