Sign in to follow this  
James

Is November the best month to wash a house?

Question

I 've been doing this a long time now and I find Nov to be the best month to wash a house in New England . Temp's are perfect, Don't have to worry about plants, The Sun is no problem, chem's don't dry out and work great.

The only problems are, Short day's, Early morning Frost, Wind, Leaves -do not put down your equipment in the grass ( lost).

November is my pick for best and most productive month for Washing a House !

Edited by James

10 answers to this question

I cleaned a couple homes in the last week, Jim. And being further north than you I agree. You dont' have to worry about chems drying - if it ain't raining that day, more than likely it will be raining the next day - so any other chems gets washed. I just don't think cleaning gutters under 60 degrees ever works well. But then again I've stopped pushing that service.

I cleaned a couple homes in the last week, Jim. And being further north than you I agree. You dont' have to worry about chems drying - if it ain't raining that day, more than likely it will be raining the next day - so any other chems gets washed. I just don't think cleaning gutters under 60 degrees ever works well. But then again I've stopped pushing that service.

Gutters are good money. Since you mentioned in other threads that you are slow. I could make a $1000 a day in gutters if they are in the same area and dont have to drive too far in between em

I 've been doing this a long time now and I find Nov to be the best month to wash a house in New England . Temp's are perfect, Don't have to worry about plants, The Sun is no problem, chem's don't dry out and work great.

The only problems are, Short day's, Early morning Frost, Wind, Leaves -do not put down your equipment in the grass ( lost).

November is my pick for best and most productive month for Washing a House !

I agree. Got the man upstairs watering your plants for you. Gotta adjust your mix for concrete though

Florin - I still clean out gutters - I am talking about brushing gutters. I've been a happy man since I stopped pushing the service. I also noticed that gutters that I got sparkling white - I would drive by the next year and see them all F'd up again. I've been playing with my mixes - and I can get them cleaned pretty well now without brushing - more so the front of a home vs. the back. When they don't come clean easy, then all the brushing in the world won't clean them up sometimes.

Florin - I still clean out gutters - I am talking about brushing gutters. I've been a happy man since I stopped pushing the service. I also noticed that gutters that I got sparkling white - I would drive by the next year and see them all F'd up again. I've been playing with my mixes - and I can get them cleaned pretty well now without brushing - more so the front of a home vs. the back. When they don't come clean easy, then all the brushing in the world won't clean them up sometimes.

Gotcha. I havent brushed yet. It must be the mold or gunk you guys get over there. Ive just used my housewash mix, downstreamed and they come out beautiful.

Jim,

I think it really depends on your location. Here in MN, if i washed a house in November, it would be ice covered for the next 4 months. Also, the hypochlorite doesn't do squat when the temp is under 32 degrees. I agree about the plants and such, but I like to do my house washing in the early spring, before those delicate annuals are planted. Guess it depends on the climate. just my 2cents....