Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

You are a deadbeat customer.

Question

12 answers to this question

Aha ha ha ha! I'm so tempted!! I have one client that didn't pay despite a perfect graffiti removal from his delivery truck. He tried to comp me a meal in his crappy restaurant instead. Unfortunately my creditors don't take lasagna.

I ended up using a picture of his truck on my old website so it looks like he's endorsing me.

I know it's not entirely ethical but for the less than $200 he's owed for over 18 months I don't care.

I think there was another type of website at one time that had a similar area for contractors to post about deadbeat customers. I don't know what ultimately happened, but I heard there were leagl issues that arose. Maybe the webmaster at uradeadbeat dot com could elaborate.

Funny thing about the legal issues, Ken. Why is it folks over at Angie's list are free to criticize contractors? And I mean really bad libel like critique! I think all these online critique sites are all bogus. And I've thought about putting up a website like this to warn other contractors of really bad customers. But it would have to be a locked site with members that sponsor other members over time - so the public wouldn't know about the inner workings. But there are some really bad customers out there that contractors need to know about.

Looks like it is a bunch of people who are upset at child support payments. I would suggest a little bit more professional and organized site www.ripoffreport.com

You just type in the buisness name here an it will tell you all the probs they have had . Scary how bad www.freecreditreport.com has done there. I do not know about individuals but thousands of buisnesses are listed there.

Yes our site has had some post referring to dead beat parents, as well as bad businesses and customers. We urge people when posting to post the truth and keep to the point. Believe it or not we have had some problems resolved through our site. The one thing that people have been saying is that they love the fact that we send the alleged deadbeat a post card notifying them of their status. We are not a bogus site, and have had many favorable write ups about our site. Just trying to provide a service for people who have been wronged. we even pay for the postage on the post card. There are other sites out there similar to ours, I don't know if one os better than the other but, I do believe we are the only one that offers the post card option.

Legally, someone can be sued for anything, that is why we always stress the truth should be told. Thanks

Man, I love your site. Plus I think it's cool that you came to this site. Who are you?

I know your site is not directly related to deadbeat "customers", but, it is an avenue for the contractors to use to make the deadbeat known. That is a plus, because I feel some contractors get a bad rap from customers that intentionally plan a negative outcome.

Maybe a public persona "body check" would help other contractors avoid similar negative issues.

Also, the postcard sending is a great idea.

Post your name and get to know us here and we could help with suggestions or whatever to further info.

My name is Adam, my family and I started the site back in September. My father had been screwed over in business more than once and that's how we came up with the idea. We had a nice article Marketing to the 7 Deadly Sins - Business Marketing - Entrepreneur.com it was on entrepreneur.com. Thanks for the comments, and any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. We are still finding our way with this.

Thanks

Adam

There are alot of really helpful folks on this site Adam with some great ideas, and big hearts for sharing knowledge of this industry. I'm sure we have at one time or another taken a "hit" from a deadbeat customer. And it certainly would help in the "venting" dept. Great article by the way. Did your deadbeat ever actually settle up with your Father?