Sign in to follow this  
Mountain View

I'm such a doofus

Question

Here is a picture of my latest project which was finished last week. I have loads of pictures but this is probably the best composed. Did I get one from this angle when everything was stripped and looked like brand new wood...of course not!!!! What a doofus!!! The customer is very happy so I guess that's what really matters. Not sure what old stuff was but the new stuff is Ready Seal Dark Red. There was the deck and roof, play set, and about 500 linear feet of fence. You can see the play set and part of the fence in the background. I don't know about the rest of you; but for me, getting good pictures of the stages of a project taken from the same angle with decent lighting is pretty tough. Overcast seems to give the best results. Bright sun makes the project look washed out in a picture when it doesn't in person. Oh well, learn a little more with each job.

post-1269-137772233757_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mountain View

8 answers to this question

Looks like a superdeck strip on that pergola... it come off rather easy?

I'm drooling though...a quik 500 lin fence job like that would be nice.... guy today wanted fence done for 30 cents stain included.

Anybody else still getting wood jobs?

Edited by MMI Enterprises

Pete,

That is a ton of wood for one residential job. You and your customer have just made Don, Jeff, and Peirce's Christmas a little bit brighter!

Do you have a closeup pic (shaded) of the dark red? Never have used that color on PT or cedar.

Thanks folks. Rick, I'll see what I can dig up. The deck took an enourmous amount of stain, three coats and it could've taken more. It was, literally, soaking in immediately. Right after we did it, the deck (10 year old PTP) had an almost maroon color to it. I was a little concerned but was going to wait a week before I decided if anything needed to be done. A week later and the deck floor is the lightest of all, it's really dived in deep! Might even need some more stain, unbelievable. The whole job took about 40 gallons.

Ken, I really don't know what the previous finish was. It was not difficult to remove but there was a wee bit more sanding than I liked on the roof lattice work.:lgbugeyes

Edited by Mountain View

Another couple of pics. Don't really do it justice but show the scale of the project.

Lil bit of over spray there on some of them tree's in the back ground huh....LOL...Or is that a multi seasonal job?..Sweet job though for sure...

Lil bit of over spray there on some of them tree's in the back ground huh....LOL...Or is that a multi seasonal job?..Sweet job though for sure...

LOL, nice one. A rain delay made the job drag out to three weeks from start to finish. The seasonal change in the trees is just a little added artistic flare!