Sign in to follow this  
chris francis

what lances do you like why.

Question

12 answers to this question

I like the dual lance for flatwork, I haven't ever really used it to downstream with.

Beth, what type of flex wand do you mean, like a shepards hook? I have one but haven't found a good use for it.

We have both, but use the single lance the most. A good ball valve is a MUST. Makes life soooo much easier and convenient. Also love a good flex wand.

Beth

Beth loves a good flex wand,,,he he he,,,TMI.......I've been thinking of ordering one of the dual's but don't really understand them or what they are good for other than dual pressures.

-Rod here-

The flex wand looks like this:

Flexible Pressure Washer Wand The Spray Flex Wand Ships At No Cost - Apex Unlimited

There are 2 versions, one is the 3000 psi and the other is a newer 5000 psi rated one that is a bit stiffer.

These come in handy in tight spaces and when doing rails from the opposite side.

Here is a video Beth took of me some time back using one...

See Dirt Run! - Deck washing in progress - Maryland

Rod!~

Edited by Beth n Rod

dual turbo never seen it was thinking of buying the dual lance just try it out I hear some talk about it is nice flat work but was thinking that you could use it with house wash also go from low to high with the down stream injector

I have a bunch of duals (got a deal a few years ago) and never use them. I absolutely recommend, if you elect for a single, is aluminum - and keep several lengths. (A little longer one for decks/flatwork/rinsing - easier on the back.) The weight savings of an aluminum wand is well worth it by the end of a long day.

I have a bunch of duals (got a deal a few years ago) and never use them. I absolutely recommend, if you elect for a single, is aluminum - and keep several lengths. (A little longer one for decks/flatwork/rinsing - easier on the back.) The weight savings of an aluminum wand is well worth it by the end of a long day.

What he said! ;)

Beth :cup:

Dual lances are the bomb for deck resto, the reasons are as follows.

1.) A lance keeps you,the operator, a distance away from the substrate being washed, and with Deck resto - it's important to keep the tip end of the lance close to the wood - as opposed to house washing, we don't need the lance close to the home at all.

2.) With deck resto - we don't need tips to go high and low - we only need a good 'pressure' tip of 800-1000 psi - and a low pressure tip to downstream chemicals. A dual wand has these features.

With house washing I have gotten away from the dual lance - but it was all I ever used before - you can do low pressure application with the built in 65 degree tip - and then turn the handle for either high elevation soap application, low elevation rinsing, or high elevation rinsing. There's the problem - you are still swapping a bunch of tips even wth a dual wand - but the great thing about dual wands, when you had an 0040 in the 'high' pressure slot - and you had the handle turned for low pressure soap application - both nozzles were emitting soap and there was amazingly low resistance in the line - so the 'draw' rates were dramatically improved. This was especially good, since the worst algae growth was always on the bottom 3 or so feet from the gound. As you turned the knob and were shooting from the 'high' pressure slot with an 0040 - downstream rates dropped - but that was ok, since algae isn't nearly as bad up high.

And since I wasn't a purist about ultra low pressure rinse - I used #15 tips - as they shut off the chem flow without having to go back to the trailer - and they were reasonably low pressure, imo. An 0015 and a 4015 was used for rinsing.

Dual lance wands work becuase they divert FLOW. Pressure is achieved from a combination of flow and orifice size. With a singlre lance, flow is constant and to adjust pressure, you change the orifice size of the nozzle. Hence changing nozzles. The dual wand allows one orifice size to be used and then you divert the flow. As less water pushes through the nozzle, the pressure is less. The more water you send to the nozzle, the higher the pressure. Fairly simple concept, but very effective results for pressure changes.

Dual lances are the bomb for deck resto, the reasons are as follows.

1.) A lance keeps you,the operator, a distance away from the substrate being washed, and with Deck resto - it's important to keep the tip end of the lance close to the wood - as opposed to house washing, we don't need the lance close to the home at all.

2.) With deck resto - we don't need tips to go high and low - we only need a good 'pressure' tip of 800-1000 psi - and a low pressure tip to downstream chemicals. A dual wand has these features.

With house washing I have gotten away from the dual lance - but it was all I ever used before - you can do low pressure application with the built in 65 degree tip - and then turn the handle for either high elevation soap application, low elevation rinsing, or high elevation rinsing. There's the problem - you are still swapping a bunch of tips even wth a dual wand - but the great thing about dual wands, when you had an 0040 in the 'high' pressure slot - and you had the handle turned for low pressure soap application - both nozzles were emitting soap and there was amazingly low resistance in the line - so the 'draw' rates were dramatically improved. This was especially good, since the worst algae growth was always on the bottom 3 or so feet from the gound. As you turned the knob and were shooting from the 'high' pressure slot with an 0040 - downstream rates dropped - but that was ok, since algae isn't nearly as bad up high.

And since I wasn't a purist about ultra low pressure rinse - I used #15 tips - as they shut off the chem flow without having to go back to the trailer - and they were reasonably low pressure, imo. An 0015 and a 4015 was used for rinsing.

How close for wood is close to you? Which tip?

I see the PSI are low...

Beth

A friend of mine was teaching me in the beginning and he used the dual-lance and I still use them but as you evolve, you will change what you use, how you do things, change around your trailer, etc... I used to use the dual-lance for house washing and downstreaming but now it is used mostly for rinsing.

I can do so much with just the Ball Valve that Bob at PressureTek sells, he told me about it and even told me that if it did not dramatically change how I do things he would give me my money back. It made a huge change to say the least. Each hose reel has a ball valve on the end of the hose and I have a couple spares.

I really like the dual lance but I do not use it to apply chems because they do start leaking soon when downstreaming and I hate having water dripping down my arm or soaking me after a while.

I do have the extendawands, all lengths of Stainless Steel and Aluminum and Galvanized Steel wands, guns, etc

Superior Power Washing

Chris Chappell

361-853-2513

Exterior House Cleaning in Corpus Christi Texas

Cleaning Concrete Driveways Sidewalks and Walkways in Corpus Christi Texas