Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

PWNA Clean Across America - Press Release

NEWS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Jack Pitzer

Executive Director

PWNA Clean Across America Week

Power Washers of North America volunteer to help clean America

Alexandria, VA - April 29, 2004 – Power Washers across North America will combine their efforts all across our nation by donating power washing services to neighbors in need.

During the week of July 24-31, 2004 power washing companies will be contributing their time, workers, and materials to various organizations and groups to work at schools, hospitals, shelters, parks, government buildings, as well as police and fire stations. Teams will help clean accumulated dirt and grime, graffiti, mold, mildew from our public buildings, streets, parks, and other public areas. All work is performed with environmentally safe procedures.

Participating companies should submit a Pledge Form to indicate their interest in being part of the weeklong campaign. The form is available at www.pwna.org.

This volunteer effort is being organized by the national association of Power Washers of North America (PWNA) in an effort to improve the environment and safety in our communities. The Power Washers of North America is the recognized leader in developing and communicating the highest standards in ethical business practices, environmental awareness and safety through continuing education and active representation of the membership.

The original idea was conceived by PWNA member Henry Bockman of Henry’s Housework Inc. in Germantown, MD. He has launched several service projects in his area such as pressure washing all of the log cabins for Camp Friendship. The Camp Friendship Program of the Carol Jean Cancer Foundation offers recreational and support programs for kids with cancer and their families in Maryland, District of Columbia and northern Virginia.

Power Washers of North America (PWNA) is a nonprofit trade association committed to communicating the highest standards in ethical business practices, environmental awareness, and safety through continuing education and active representation of the membership. Certification is available in environmental cleaning, kitchen exhaust and wood restoration. PWNA has over 450 member companies. For additional information, visit www.pwna.org.

# # #

Hi Beth,

Thanks for posting the project... I hope a lot of companies decide to get involved in this. It can help out a lot of people and also give us an opportunity to get the PWNA name out to the clients we work for. Maybe we will even get a chance to show proper pressure washing techniques to some people during this.

I just wanted to remind everyone that this project starts Tomorrow on the 24th of July through the 31'st.

I wanted to Thank those of you that have volunteered to give one day of your time in service to your communities. My project will be taking place on Tuesday and I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I plan on posting pictures of my project when it's completed and I hope to see what others will be doing also.

You know, this is a really good idea.

I had a place that did some therapy for my kid when he was little, I know they could use a cleanup, and I owe them one. cant do it this week, but Im going to offer for whenever they do.

Hey Jon, it's the thought that counts not the timing..

Beth,

One of my projects was camp freindship.. It's a camp for kids with cancer. I had to do it a couple months early so rebuilding together could stain the decks and cabins. Another project I did today was the wheaton regional parks Ice skating Rink. I've got a couple pics of these projects on the pwna site. Here's the link.

http://www.pwnabbs.org/showthread.php?t=2483&highlight=clean+america

Next I'm going to do some pw work at an Izaak walton league park once they get in touch with me.

What did you guys do?

We have not washed out project yet, and it may be done at a time outside of the official week, due to our current projects schedule.

We have a couple we are working on, just a matter of scheduling them, probably in August.

Beth

Sign in to follow this