Sign in to follow this  
Chappy

Wood care training

Question

Is there anyone in the west florida area willing to let me trade a day or two of labor for some hands on experience with wood decks? No one I know has one for me to learn on. and I cant sell the service if I havnt ever done one, at least not in good concience.

E mail me at Jchapman@gumbusters.com

Or call 727-432-2501

6 answers to this question

Thanks, B&R Thats a little far for me, But I have thought about it when I saw you offer some one else..

I get the impression that most of the decks up there are hard woods. But every one Ive seen down here is Pressure Treated, (pine?)

I would think the techniques would be different along with the stains.

I will keep your offer in mind.

Actually thats very interesting, Looking at some of the pictures of your work, youd never think those decks are PT. I guess Ive just never seen a well Maintained deck.

I just had a thought. Im going up to NC in june and my father has a big deck. I think Ill Practice on his. Ill Call for advice before I go and have product shipped there.

SunBrite in North Atlanta offers a wood restoration class in May. I believe the details are on Delco's site. Tell Pete that I sent you.

Philip

I took the Sun Brite course a couple years back and learned a ton. Chris and Pete put together a very thorough coarse that cover wood restoration and running your business. I highly recommend it.