Sign in to follow this  
Jesse

Can anyone give me some advice?

Can anyone give me some advice?

I own the Hydrotech SS series 6.5 G.P.M. hot/cold power washer. This morning while cleaning heavy equipment the by-pass valve kicked on while the machine was running. It has no pressure and is flushing all of the water from my tank. I have no idea what to do.

The dealer charges $70 per hour to even look at it. I have to drive 90 miles round trip to drop it off then another 90 to pick it up.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jesse R. Kirchhoff

Advanced Power Washing and Restoration Services

Kirchhoff Home Improvement Maintenance and Repair

114 Forest Hill Ave. Jefferson City, Mo 65109

Office 573-635-2708 Toll Free 1-866-635-2708

Don't know much about the large machines, but could the valve be stuck? Or could there be some pressure behind that's not allowing it to be freed?

I believe the bypass is for safety. I have heard that it blows instead of the machine if the water becomes super heated.

The blower does not seem to be working and the reset button is down. Maybe that caused it to overheat and blow the bypass? I know nothing about working on theses things and just took it for granted that it would keep running.

I wish there were a repair manual for these things

Jesse,

Is this a new or used machine? Personally, I would take it to the dealer if I were you, and get a little cold water unit to run as a back up machine. A Hydrotek is a top of the line machine. You might find it worth your while to hang around while they fix it and learn from them if they will let you.

Beth

p.s. Rod thinks it may be the thermal relief valve. We had that problem recently ourselves.

Hey Beth,

I bought it new almost 3 years ago but it has very low hours. Overall it has been a good machine. The burner fan went out last year and the reset button also went.

Russ Johnson, a Hydrotech dealer from Kentucky, saw my post and called this morning. With his help we were able to remove the breakaway disc and replace it with a threaded plug just to get us by for now.

Russ also recommended getting it to the local dealer soon to have the burner serviced regularly. If my PW dealer would have recommended that any of the times that it was in his shop already, maybe this could have been avoided and been cheaper in the long run.

I’m just glad there are so many good people on this board willing to help. Heck, I’m glad this board is even here, it has saved me more than a few times when I didn’t even realize that I was screwing up until after reading posts from others.

Thanks guys and thank you very much Russ Johnson

Sincerely,

Jesse R. Kirchhoff

Advanced Power Washing and Restoration Services

Kirchhoff Home Improvement Maintenance and Repair

114 Forest Hill Ave. Jefferson City, MO 65109

Office 573-635-2708 Toll Free 1-866-635-2708

E-Mail jessekirchhoff@mchsi.com