Sign in to follow this  
rj242

Business from websites?

Question

I am thinking about building a website, and was wondering how effective a website is for most of you. I am a little old school and when I am looking for a service, I usually check the yellow pages, but I know times are changing, so how much business do you get from your websites % wise?

31 answers to this question

All I use is word of mouth and a free website.

I list alot of things on the site but mostly get jobs for roof cleaning,

which is exactly what I want to do. I say yes to the website.

Todd you using free website that does not lool free. Who are you hosting your website through.

Depending on your specialty and target audience, look for other web sites and local publications that are on line and see about establishing links through those. One may be chamber of commerce, or local service listings in your areas. My local demographics are practically useless, as I cater to retirees and vacation home owners that do not live in my area, so yellow pages and local classifieds don't pay off for me. Linking to online service locators, real estate agencies and on line publications leads a lot of customers to my site and generates about 60% of my business. My degree is design with marketing and communications and I spent 15 years behind a computer. Although I do my own design work, I still pay someone else to do the website. I pay $120 a year for him to maintain domain and post/change as needed. Well worth it. It's not exactly as I'd like it, but still well worth it.

I use nothing but the web for my advertising. This year I'll be all in for about $200 for the domains and hosting and I'm on pace for about $100k in sales this year. I'm not that good at math but that's some serious ROI!

Daniel Simmons

Houston Pressure Washing Service

Hoston Roof Cleaning

Thanks for all the replies!

My next question is should I start out with building my own website like Go Daddy website tonight, or should I hire somebody to build it for me? I have checked around about having somebody build me one and the prices have ranged from about $300-$2000.

I have done some reading on the subject of building a website, and how to get search engines to recognize it. Being I am only a part-timer, I am really thinking of trying to build my own for now. Also be advised that when I search for contractors in my area, there is only a couple of contractors with websites, and both of them are 1 hr away.

What is everyones thoughts on building your own site?

Go to 1and1.com. They supply a Home Package that is going for $2.49 a month for the next six months. They also have this website builder program that helps you build a decent looking website with nice templates and it even helps out with the SEO. I would suggest checking it out. It is way cheaper than hiring someone.

I am thinking about building a website, and was wondering how effective a website is for most of you. I am a little old school and when I am looking for a service, I usually check the yellow pages, but I know times are changing, so how much business do you get from your websites % wise?

A website is an ESSENTIAL part of any marketing campaign.

If you go to www.weebly.com you can get a Free web site!

Edited by Apple Roof Cleaning
Bad Link Fixed !!