Sign in to follow this  
fireandrain

Extra Long Spraying Lances for Spraying Stain???

Question

I've been hunting around all night for an extension for my spray gun... (for spraying sealer)...something in the range of 6ft? Maybe telescopic?

I remember Shane posting a picture of his set up awhile back... Can't find anything online...I'm using an adjustable spray gun with the standard appx. 3' lance with curved end... If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it! Seems like such a simple thing to find, and very useful to have in the toolbox...Having one heck of a time tracking one down.

Thanks.

9 answers to this question

....is it on an airless or what? What is the sprayer and the connection type? I would think there is a standard aluminum lance, and that you need to look at the end, threading, and size? This is a guy question. :lol: I could be wrong.

Beth

Matt,

If you are using a Decker for applying stain, there are ~ 3 ft. long extensions available that attach to the gun and have a threaded end for a cone tip. We carry 2 of these in the truck to reach high, hard to get to areas like gazebo cedar shake roofs. They can be attached together for more reach.

Tom Vogel at ACR Products carries them or you may want to check with Tracy at Sun Brite.

Any good paint store should carry standard extensions for airless guns. I have two, one about 3 ft. long which is useful for spraying floors and one about 6 ft. long.

Edited by RPetry
addition

Sorry if that question was a bit vague... Yes, I'm using the Deckster set up... The existing lance is 3ft. long with the curved shaft a the end. I'll take from Rick's thoughts, that I can just remove this existing lance, set up 1/4" QC at the gun, and treat my adjustable spray gun just like I do my pressure washing set up...that is QC's on all my lances of various lengths...

I think I understand you straight, Rick. On that 6ft. extension lance...Rick, did I understand you correct that this is a 1/4" 6ft lance to be used hen spraying sealer?

DUHHHHH.... Sorry people..... I get it! Simple:

1. Connect 1/4" QC at spray gun (im assuming thats ok on the adjustable spray gun from sunbrite?)

2. Use ANY length standard stainless lance... set up with QC's

3. Attach cone-spray tip at end of each lance.

Done... Right? :)

Matt,

The extensions for my Decker are straight and each are ~ 3 ft. long. I easily screw connect the two of them together for a total 6' length. The cone tip screws in at the end.

The single 6' extension is for an airless and is not a quick connect but a screw fitting to fit on a standard airless gun. I don't think they are compatible with the Decker gun threads.

Your idea of a lance should work as long as you have a quick connect threading compatible to the Decker gun.

At Tractor supply they have 6 ft, and 8 foot lengths. simply attach qc's on either end and you should be good to go. I generally use the 6 ft wand that you saw from shane. he set me up with one a few years back and I am counting my blessings that it is still holding up. I have no Idea where to find them and hope it holds up for another season. Also you may want to check at Northern tool as they have a pretty good variety of lengths, but most are plastic construction.

Or search for the phelps wand and that may be the direction you can go as well.

I simply suggest using the variable degree cone tip as you can simply dial in the desired spray pattern without switching tip constantly. It's like spraying two coats at once and then push pad in the boards for the that heavenly glow effect.

Saves alot of time, but that is just me saying.....

Also IMO brass is the way to go. But you can also get the plastic variable cone tip and they work just as well but requires a bit more cleanup afterwards. They cost about 3.00 bucks and are good to have as a backup tip.

Just get the tip to match whatever it gonna go through..yon yonk..

In other words, many setups work. I use standard pressure gun setups sometimes with short angled wand and sometimes a long 8 footer ball valve setup used mainly for bleach application.. But I moslty just use an airless 3 footer wand from Lowes. Just don't drop it..breaks easy.

Got it all figured out today... thanks for the input folks... I'm feeling stupid... answer was right in front of me! I'm all rigged up...multiple lance lengths all set up with QC's...