Sign in to follow this  
sturgisjr

sander/polisher?

Question

I am interested in purchasing a sander/polisher like the makita 9227C. I would need to purchase a rubber backing pad in order to be able to use the defurring pads? Are there any other items I would need to buy to complete this set? I know of another recommended sander which is the Dewalt DW849? Problem is, I am looking to see if there is another model that isnt as costly as the above models that would work just as well. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Brian

5 answers to this question

I think Ron P used to know of a place that had the Makitas used...but he never said where. The Makita is a good solid machine, so is the Dewalt. You can't go wrong with either. You need the backing plate in order to use the pads.

www.1000able.com has factory reconditioned Makita and Dewalt tools. Lot of places that sell these brands will often have reconditioned tools (you just have to have the right timing).

Brian,

I got mine brand new of of ebay for 85 bucks including shipping. I just got lucky that day. They have both the Dewalt and the Makita going for 60-180 bucks. Some are brand new, reconditioned and used.