Sign in to follow this  
squirtgun

Change of scenery

Question

In recent days Admin of TGS asked that staff step up and help better control the chaos that often occurs on the site.

A couple of days ago a member here at TGS attacked a reputable distributor and a piece of equipment he sells without any working knowledge of the product.The claim of using similar components may hold water to some,but not with me.If you haven't used the equipment in question you simply can not give an honest evaluation.

I interjected my opinion in the thread while trying not to allow my friendship with this distributor to grossly skew my comments.I should have known better,but being a moderator I wanted to do my best to steer the thread away from propaganda that very well could damage a distributors spotless reputation.

Because if my willingness to try and head off what I saw turning into a negative thread I now stand accused of stirring the pot.That perceive pot stir bought me an infraction today.One I don't feel I deserved.

One member does not a BBS make.One members 2500 post with a great number of those containing plagiarized scientific material shouldn't be a trade off for making moderators doubt anything they do in the name of keeping the peace.

Time and again the member in question has proved he can not get along with others in BBS forums being banned from many of them that relate to pressure washing and roof cleaning.Yet they are allowed to remain on TGS as staff and other members are alienated.

In light of the events of recent days I ask that Admin remove my moderator status and return my account back to regular member status.It's time for a change of scenery and the view from the members side doesn't look so bad.

I wish the moderators and Admin the best of luck.

6 answers to this question

Well said Scott, hhhhhhhhmmmmmmm. I too got an infraction Today (from 3 months ago). However it is explained, I will never understand that one. Maybe I need to get too 2500 posts,or (100) to be an Informational influence to the industry.

Wow...Scott you always been around to help...shoot...I remember...ohh 6 years plus is when I first ran into you on this board.

mmm...interesting times.

All I can say brother is you will be missed by 'Los over here. I know where to find ya...later dude!!

In recent days Admin of TGS asked that staff step up and help better control the chaos that often occurs on the site.

A couple of days ago a member here at TGS attacked a reputable distributor and a piece of equipment he sells without any working knowledge of the product.The claim of using similar components may hold water to some,but not with me.If you haven't used the equipment in question you simply can not give an honest evaluation.

I interjected my opinion in the thread while trying not to allow my friendship with this distributor to grossly skew my comments.I should have known better,but being a moderator I wanted to do my best to steer the thread away from propaganda that very well could damage a distributors spotless reputation.

Because if my willingness to try and head off what I saw turning into a negative thread I now stand accused of stirring the pot.That perceive pot stir bought me an infraction today.One I don't feel I deserved.

One member does not a BBS make.One members 2500 post with a great number of those containing plagiarized scientific material shouldn't be a trade off for making moderators doubt anything they do in the name of keeping the peace.

Time and again the member in question has proved he can not get along with others in BBS forums being banned from many of them that relate to pressure washing and roof cleaning.Yet they are allowed to remain on TGS as staff and other members are alienated.

In light of the events of recent days I ask that Admin remove my moderator status and return my account back to regular member status.It's time for a change of scenery and the view from the members side doesn't look so bad.

It's a good thing you stepped down dude, because I was going to call for an impeachment!!!

Wait, what are we talking about again? Oh look, a chicken.

I think everybody is a little "uptight" lately and taking things wayyyy too personally. It's on all boards too. Drama where there doesn't need to be any. You flatworkers' season is coming up (if it hasn't started already) and you guys just need to get back to work and you'll be happier again.

Don't step down, Scott, I think you are a good moderator and sometimes you level things out. When everybody gets busy again and we all start getting along (besides all the other greasers and Ed :D just kidding Ed) you'll wish you hadn't stepped down. If I were Beth, I wouldn't accept your resignation.

;)

I should have known better,but being a moderator I wanted to do my best to steer the thread away from propaganda that very well could damage a distributors spotless reputation.

I can appreciate your position as it is difficult when we are personally invested in a subject to remain objective and not become part of the fray. When invited to become a moderator this is not what we asked for from you and in all fairness we must hold moderators responsible as well as the members and therein lies the infraction.

It was your first and it is a shame it had to come to this but the choice is yours and we shall oblige.

With all due respect, thank you for your service as you did support TGS during your time as a moderator and we appreciate your efforts and continued membership here.

Rod!~

We HAVE to set the example. We have to not pick at the members. It was another very well respected mod here who I deeply respect that discussed this with me. I believe his perspective was accurate. He is highly respected here and on other forums as well, with no questions asked. Several well respected mods felt this way.

Personal friendships and sour relationships often cloud views, we have all had that happen. It's easy to get emotional, far more difficult to remain detached. I'm not going to get into a discussion on vendors, other forums, treatment, allowing bashing, support or lack thereof. At this point it is water under the bridge.

We appreciate the efforts you have made here to inform and educate others, and to better the industry.

Thank you Squirtgun! :)

Beth