Sign in to follow this  
David O'Connell Jr.

Who does house washes ....

Question

13 answers to this question

I am ashamed to say I have washed one working with another guy with pump ups ladders and water hoses. I also worked for a guy before that wanted me to carry a gallon bucket up a ladder with a rag and hand wash it then rinse. I just told him to kiss my .......

There were a couple mexicans that cleaned a house down the street from my moms with a bugsprayer and a garden hose. took em forever.

There were a couple mexicans that cleaned a two story house about 2500 Sq Ft down the street from my moms with a bugsprayer and a garden hose. took em forever.

Edited by 4000psi

We dont use a PW for house washes. Only the dedicated pump and a water hose.

Like Ken said, the only time we have an issue is w/ wasps nests. Then we just climb the ladder and knock em down. Easy. The only time the PW gets fired up is for concrete (sidewalks, patios driveway, etc...)

I agree with Ken, no value in not using a washer. It can go both ways, high or low,...where as a basic flow pump doesn't give that versatility.

I suppose for the new guy just starting it's a cheaper route to take over a pressure washer. But how many guys who are established don't already have the washer.

I guess serious high flow could be considered (Cheaper GPM with a low pressure pump)

Overall operating is cheaper. (Hoses and such)

Wouldn't be for me though, I like the versatility of the pressure washer.

Jeff

I agree with Ken, no value in not using a washer. It can go both ways, high or low,...where as a basic flow pump doesn't give that versatility.

I suppose for the new guy just starting it's a cheaper route to take over a pressure washer. But how many guys who are established don't already have the washer.

I guess serious high flow could be considered (Cheaper GPM with a low pressure pump)

Overall operating is cheaper. (Hoses and such)

Wouldn't be for me though, I like the versatility of the pressure washer.

Jeff

We have the PW, just choose not to use it. Its not a necessity. And Very rarely have I ever seen the need to use high pressure.

I think I read that you apply chemicals through a dedicated pump and tank. And I guess you rinse with a separate high flow,..low PSI pump. I do something similar, I apply product with a roller pump, and then rinse with low pressure using a pressure washer and big hose barbs. .

I think a lot of guys apply their mix though downstream and utilize the washer for both tasks, which would make sense as to why guys are using pressure washers over just a high flow low PSI pump.

I may give downstreaming a try myself this year for the first time since I started in 1996. I downstreamed a deck a few weeks back and like what I seen,..but I do like the control of the dedicated mix and the washer only for rinsing.

I think downstreaming will suit for certain jobs, but I may be hard pressed to change over.

Jeff

Edited by 814jeffw

We don't own a Pressure Washer.

So we can't wash a house with what we choose not to own.

We try NOT to wash houses - and usually send the house wash work to friends who pressure wash.

But we CAN clean a house just fine with our chemical pumps and some other tricks we have learned over the years.

I think I read that you apply chemicals through a dedicated pump and tank. And I guess you rinse with a separate high flow,..low PSI pump. I do something similar, I apply product with a roller pump, and then rinse with low pressure using a pressure washer and big hose barbs. .

I think a lot of guys apply their mix though downstream and utilize the washer for both tasks, which would make sense as to why guys are using pressure washers over just a high flow low PSI pump.

I may give downstreaming a try myself this year for the first time since I started in 1996. I downstreamed a deck a few weeks back and like what I seen,..but I do like the control of the dedicated mix and the washer only for rinsing.

I think downstreaming will suit for certain jobs, but I may be hard pressed to change over.

Jeff

I dont like having to either have seperate tanks for the different mixes, or re-jiggering the mix each time. As much as I hate dragging hoses around, I like the flexibility I get with the pressure washer. Plus, mud daubers, wasp nests and bug stuff on the soffits and high corners just wont respond to just high flow rinses. they need some pressure.