Sign in to follow this  
Scott Stone

In support of Beth

Question

There has been a recent spate of people resigning as moderators on both TGS and ***. I am not going to air the dirty laundry from *** here, but there are many things that apply to both boards.

Late last week Beth banned Chris from Apple. Chris stepped a little over the line in his posts, but was not the first person that went negative. As often happens, multiple people starting bombarding Beth that Chris was out of line and she saw the post of Chris, and banned him. I sent her a PM to look at the total thread. After review, she did what I felt was appropriate, because she saw the same thing that I did.

I know that many people have personal opinions on how some contractors do their specialty, and many of them are personal bias because either they do not agree with the methods, or think that someone elses equipment is overkill and unnecessary.

In the future, I would invite you, if you disagree with another contractor, that instead of going personal, you do the professional thing, and give what you would do as an alternative.

That is just my view.

26 answers to this question

Personally I want to thank you Scott Stone for being the moral and ethical compass of BBSland.Since resigning as a moderator from both TGS and *** my cell phone rings much less and I have been able to focus on my business, marketing and my family.

I think these sites are a great tool and hope they continue to thrive as such.The one thing I would like to see is the "Ivory Tower Syndrome" come to an end.

Many act as though they are without transgression,but none of us are perfect and we have all over reacted to something or someone on the internet in the past.There is dirty laundry everywhere on these sites if one chooses to dig deep enought to find it.

Good,bad or ugly we will never all get along.There is no perfect world unfortunately.

I had to check to make sure I had paid my cell bill. Mine never rings now that I stepped out! Its all umbrella drinks and straw hats here !