Sign in to follow this  
Robo_Spray

Ever clean a garbage chute?

Question

I had a customer ask me the other day to clean a 5 story garbage chute. I guess the smell is getting bad. just wondering on what chems to use. The walls of the duct have some stains on them, but I guess it is the smell that is the problem. I was thinking about using my house mix, bleach and simple cherry. Bleach to kill the germs and simple cherry to help with the smell. Maybe sc like in my kitched ducts. Any thoughts? Oh I also thought about foaming at the top and letting it ooozzz down the sides and rince with hot water.

Edited by Beth n Rod
courtesy spell correction :)

4 answers to this question

I clean trash chutes on occasion and run a duct spinner with high heat through to soften the debris and then follow with a sodium hydroxide based cleaner then rinse.

This is in an apartment building so all access doors get secured shut and signs posted to prevent any mishaps. We drop a rope from the top and pull the duct spinner up and down.

All water comes back down to the dumpster area, and the room has a drain as well. They get done quarterly.

If you get Anthony's video at www.ductspinner.com

you will make a profit from the first job. Find out when the pick ups are for the garbage and time the job to be just AFTER the pick up.

That way you are not having to clean up on top of the garbage that is there also since people just dropped there will not be any pissed off people trying to get garbage out of the apartment at the last minute.