Sign in to follow this  
Juggernaut

New guy could use some advice

Question

I am a professional window cleaner and have lurked around for a while. Never read much here as it's not really my industry. This year I have gotten some calls for PW and figured I would ad it on as a service. Can't pass up the $$ that is coming from the calls now. In the past if I passed up one or two jobs per year it was not a big deal. But now business has grown where I can't ignore the requests. I have been educating myself as quick and best I can with limited time due to my season being in full swing.

I have not invested in a larger commercial unit yet as the prices can't be justified for the business coming in. It's only a few grand worth of business so I will be using my home Rigid unit for now. It's a 3000 psi 2.6 GPM. I know not the best but it's what I have to work with for now. If larger more profitable jobs come around I will borrow a friends hot water unit, until the jobs are some what steady.

Anyway I purchased a x-jet m5 #9 today. I also purchased some 12% chlorine along with some simple cherry (opps, just got a mail that my simple cherry will be coming from another location and won't be here on time) So it looks like I am going to move forward with Mr. Clean Citrus (good recommendation or not?). I'm not sure what ratio to mix. Most of the calculations I am finding are for 3 and 4 gpm PW. I searched the forum and can't find the correct miix. I have two large jobs lined up next week that I would like to be sure that what I am using is not going to burn the house and surrounding area down lol. I have been told to make sure while PWing I should have a helper constantly spraying down the bushes, flowers etc. I plan on using the red proportioner.

Any help would be greatly appreachiated.

Edited by Juggernaut

8 answers to this question

NIce website.

What's your name, and can you fill out your signature please?

It kind of depends on what you are going to clean with that pw.

If you plan on tackleing a shopping center parking lot, I would borrow your friends.

If you are going to do resi washes, the xjet will come in real handy with that size pw.

You can cut your 12% sh, down to about 3-4%. You will want to get a surface cleaner too as most resi's can be upsold to driveway washes.

Maybe if you PM Nichole or Tracy at sun Brite Supply ( on this BBS)

They will post the proportioner chart for you.

You will definately want a larger PW asap ( your call). More GPM will make jobs go faster for you.

Edited by Adrian

HEY jug!!! I know you from wcr. good to have you! Let me know if you want to know how we put the 2 together! I suggest Emulsifier Plus 55 Gallon Kit

Envirospec/Envirospec North 877-351-1238

Stuff works great! And it is a good price!

Please go to your MY CONTROLS and add your signature....

Beth

I have a similar unit and do well with a tan proportioner 1.5 gallons of Power House from sunbright 3 gallons of 12% bleach and the rest water in a 5 gallon bucket. This is for house wash and gives me about 2 % final bleach. Hope this helps

I have good luck with 2.5 to 3 gallons of regular 6% bleach (household), 10 oz. of Simple Cherry, 4 oz. of F-13, a shot of Dawn, and water mixed in a 5 gallon container. For someone new this is a good mix that won't burn up vegitation if you're careful. I've used it for the past year with great results. Get an X-Jet pail and add a longer hose to it and you'll be glad you did.

I started with the beige proportioner but found the red to be more effective for me. But you can play around with the different colors and see what works best for you.

I know you from WCR too and with all the work and $$$ you're making over the next two months you could buy a jam up system.......pay cash, and not blink an eye. Then you can turn right back around and make all of that money back several times over before the year is up.

It's best to try out the new equipment on your own house in order to get used to it.

Good luck with it Jug!

Hi guys,

I thought you could help me. I need help with power washers services. I dont want to buy one because I wont need one in the future. I'm trying to sell my aunt's house in Boston and would appreciate any recommendation of power washers services in the area. I've never used it before and dont even know what the price shoul be. I found some local companies who offer power washers services here

Pressure / Power Washers in USA - Free classified ads on Professional services

But I'd like someone to recommend me a company from MA. Would be greatful for an advice. Thanks!

Hi guys,

I thought you could help me. I need help with power washers services. I dont want to buy one because I wont need one in the future. I'm trying to sell my aunt's house in Boston and would appreciate any recommendation of power washers services in the area. I've never used it before and dont even know what the price shoul be. I found some local companies who offer power washers services here

Pressure / Power Washers in USA - Free classified ads on Professional services

But I'd like someone to recommend me a company from MA. Would be greatful for an advice. Thanks!

Please go to "My Controls" and fill out the signature line.