Sign in to follow this  
Henry Bockman

Need Photos showing pressure washing damages ASAP.

Question

7 answers to this question

oww, that hurt James..lol

Hey Beth, I'm working on putting together a presentation for the Maryland Home Improvement Commission to get them to create set, specific rules on licensing for pressure washing companies.

Did you know that they changed the regulations recently? Now they say if your using chemicals when your cleaning, you need a home improvement license. By the way, according to them, soap isn't a chemical!! With the latest changes all they are doing is pushing people to rely on pressure for cleaning instead of the right cleaners to do the job. Which of course will cause even more damages!

I'll let you know how it goes, if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know.

Edited by Henry Bockman

Its feels so good to see contractors like Henry and Beth helping each other out, or wanting to help each other. This industry is starting to change, "help me help you".

Good to see positive momentum!

Who is presenting to them? Just you or a group of MHIC companies? Seems to me more voices there are, the louder the song is.

Beth

Based upon my involvement with Oregon Fire Equipment Distributors, the more that show up, the better. You want to show the MHIC that those in the business do care, are proffessional and are a large group. Be aware, a meeting like yours is what got ORFED started. Now we have a seat on the Oregon Fire Code Committee, and the Oregon Fire Marshall has asked for our input and taken our advice. Some of you should start working towards a group now, so you will be prepared.

May 20, Jack Grace from IKECA will be meeting with the Oregon Fire Code Committee about hood cleaning requirements. The Oregon Fire Code committee contacted ORFED, ORFED contacted me, I contacted Jack. I expect to see good things happen for quality hood cleaners. I expect to see bad things happen for the hacks.

You have to start somewhere, sometime. Start now. Even if the MHIC shoots you down, you will gain credibilty with them and you will meet others in your trade.

Hey Beth, right now I'm just trying to arrange an audience with them. Once I can work something out I'm going to fill the place with MHIC Lis PW companies if I can. This has been a long process and I hope I'm making some headway on it. As soon as I know more details I promise, I'll get everyone involved that I can. Right now I'm trying not to rock the boat too much until I can get in the door.