Sign in to follow this  
CLASSICPW

Sealer/skin

Question

Does anyone have any special tricks for removing sealer off your skin at the end of the day. Hot showers just don't seem to cut it and swabbing your skin w/rubbing alcohol just sucks. I've heard suggestions like coasting your arms, legs and face w/ a light coat of vaseline or wearing long sleeves and pants, but when it's 90 degrees plus that's just not happening. This has plagued me for awhile, just thought I'd bring it up. My legs have been orange for 3 days.:irritated

7 answers to this question

Don't be so sloppy!:) I never heard of the vaseline trick and I would not want to try that. I would think that and the sun on your skin wont be really good. I always wear gloves. either latex or the nitrile ( the nitrile hold up better) When I get it my arms I will use a a good mechanics waterless hand soap. These usually have some kind of a petrolium based remover in it to take off all the grease and grime. This works for me.

I always wear long pants because I don't want stain on my legs. Nitrile gloves are a must, so for me the only area exposed that I typically get any stain on are my arms, and I try to keep them wiped off.

When you are done sealing, go to the spigot an use Fast Orange on thour arms and legs. To get sealer out of your hair, lather, rinse, repeat, and then follow with alot of conditioner. Let it sit a long time. Wash again if needed. Also the conditioner when applied to the skin helps to loosen up the sealer.

Beth