Sign in to follow this  
TNRoofCleaner

New and learning

Question

Recently laid off my tech job I have gotten set up for roof cleaning and well on my way there. I have decided to add wood restoration also and I have narrowed it down. I have seen the Bakers first hand and have samples of each color. I have a sample chain made up on pressure treated wood and cedar as the colors have a little difference depending on the wood type.

Now I think I will get chains made up for AC and RS. From what I have been reading these seem to be the three top performers.

What are your opinions? Great information here.

7 answers to this question

Pat I just ordered another sample kit from Sun Brite Supply today.

They have the RS kits. Have to pay for shipping though.

Welcome to the forum. Alot of good info here.

Recently laid off my tech job I have gotten set up for roof cleaning and well on my way there. I have decided to add wood restoration also and I have narrowed it down. I have seen the Bakers first hand and have samples of each color. I have a sample chain made up on pressure treated wood and cedar as the colors have a little difference depending on the wood type.

Now I think I will get chains made up for AC and RS. From what I have been reading these seem to be the three top performers.

What are your opinions? Great information here.

Welcome To The MADness

I've used approximately 1200 gallons of Bakers over the last couple of years. Its a good economy product. It finishes nicely. Its a pain in the arse to stir. If you plan on using it, get a drill mixer. It also require two coats on the floor.

The Armstrong Clark finishes absolutely beautifully. I'm kind of blown away by it. It penetrates deeply and also cures quickly. Its a bit more expensive than the Bakers but if you want to set your company apart from the over the counter crap most guys use, you cannot go wrong with Armstrong.

I am not a fan of the type of stain that Ready Seal is but many guys love it and its better than the competition of similar type products.

Yea my decisions have been based on what I have read here and other forums. I plan on having a drill mixer any how as that is the best way to mix besides shaking and I'm not about to stand there shaking a 5 gallon bucket. LOL

I called AC today and they are sending 4oz samples so I can get some sample chains made up. Like I did with Bakers I am going to use PT for one chain and cedar fence boards for the other. An old timer educated me on the difference in color based on the wood types. I have not seen the AC or Ready Seal in person like I have the Baker's so I have yet to evaluate.

Now that I have my products picked out I need to practice on my deck in stripping and preparing the wood. I will use my son inlaws deck for staining practice as it is about 6 month old PT and about 9 months when I am ready to do it as he is in Iraq and waiting for him to come home to pick the color.