Sign in to follow this  
John Doherty

Price This House

Question

12 answers to this question

When pricing jobs like this, I have found that the only way that makes sense (at least for me) is to estimate the time it will take and multiply by my hourly rate. I clean a house similar to this one every year and charge about $1K plus $400 for the "drive" aka parking lot.

When pricing jobs like this, I have found that the only way that makes sense (at least for me) is to estimate the time it will take and multiply by my hourly rate. I clean a house similar to this one every year and charge about $1K plus $400 for the "drive" aka parking lot.

+1!

Beth :sunshine: :cup:

Stucco is $.30 per s/f (of actual wall). I would discount it based on the s/f. I would also add back in with the complexity of terraces. It may be a wash.

Pavers: Often require to be repacked with sand unless they are the interlocking type. Clean can be from $.25 per s.f to $.50 per s.f. Sealing adds another $1 per s.f

Residential concrete: $.12-$.25 per s.f

beings that this is really an advanced question, I should stay far away from this thread, but I couldn't help putting in my two cents.

I would count the linear feet of the wall and multiply by about $1.25 per story.

My machine couldn't handle that amount of concrete and pavers so I'm so out of my element anyway. This job will elude me for another year or two.

Just wondering how much time was alloted for this job.

Jeff

2.5 guys @ 8 hours ea.

2 guys wash house, 1 does flatwork, when house is done 1 guy leaves other guy helps rinse flatwork, resand as necessary etc.

1 trailer with 5gpm hot machine and 10 gpm 2 man machine.

beings that this is really an advanced question, I should stay far away from this thread, but I couldn't help putting in my two cents.

I would count the linear feet of the wall and multiply by about $1.25 per story.

This is how you learn, soak it in. By the way your method would put you at $900.00.

See, now I would have to laugh my butt off if some guy drove up and did it for $99.00!

I would have to sit and watch and laugh my tail off. :lol:

You KNOW that has happened before...

Beth

This is how you learn, soak it in. By the way your method would put you at $900.00.

It seems like I need to raise my linear factor rate. Would $1.75 to

$2.00 per foot-per story be more accurate for this job?

(By my calculation that would put me around $1250-1450)

Still seems pretty competitive considering I've gotten $400 for two story homes around 2000 sq. ft.