Sign in to follow this  
CCPC

roughly 13,300 flatwork in a day?

Question

I got a call today from a local buddy of mine ( another local pressure cleaning contractor) who has a very large flat work job that has to be done before Sunday. He has obligations that will not allow him to be able to do the job, so he called me to see if I could swing it.

This client is a huge commercial account for him and the work is to be performed at the home of one of the big wigs of the company ( Ponte Vedra, FL- Rich People).

Any way, I talked with the guy handling the details of what needed to be done and I told him I could arrange to be there tommorow and take care it. I asked him for a rough despription of what was to be cleaned and how large the areas were and he gave me the details.

The areas consist of mainly cool decking and tile (not to dirty) and the areas he rattled off on the phone were: 60x60, 100x60, 100x25, 60x20.

It did not occure to me until tonight how many sq. ft. that actually is. roughly 13,300 ft.

So now I will meet him at the gate of the community tommorow morning at 8:00 and he will show me the house and what needs to be done.

My question is can I do that much flatwork in a day by myself?

The concern is that this is a last minute thing that needs to be done by Sunday because big wig will arrive and there will be a party at that residents.

8 answers to this question

CCPC,

If you have a surface cleaner it is possible to do it in one day.One very long day.What size machine and surface cleaner do you have???Hot water would be a huge plus.as i would just about eliminate the need for chems.

We are 3 hrs away,but if the price were right we would pull our rig down and help.

I am using a 20" Rotoblaster no hot water 4 gpm. I was told that it is not to bad, but that they wanted it good and clean for a party on Sunday. I have never done this much flat at one job in a day so I am a little concerned about being able to finish by dark.

I will meet him at 8:00 and follow him to the house. I figure that, previewing the area and small talk will kill at least 45 minutes to an hour. So, if I start at nine I have a good 10 or 11 hours of sunlight.

We have cleaned a little over 3500sq.ft in 2 1/4 hrs with our 16" surface cleaner.If the surface isn't real dirty you should be able to get it done.

Be sure to take plenty of gas and whatever you need with you,getting in and out of those gated communities is a P.I.A.

Good Luck,I believe with the equipment you have it shouldn't be that hard to get finished.

P.S. Don't forget to add on extra $$$ for pulling them out of a bind.

Everything went great! The job turned out being a bit smaller than the estimated size I was told (ended up being about 9,800 sq ft ) and it was indeed very clean. In fact, alot of the cool decking and tile did'nt even require the surface cleaner, only a good rinse with a 95 degree tip.

I don't do much work in Ponte Vedra, but I wish I did. Its almost hard to believe that some people actually have that much money. I should have taken a picture, but I did'nt think about till just now.

Just a side note, Its funny how somtimes when I am in areas like this ( marsh Landing Country Club) I feel like the location, views, lanscape are'nt really that special its more like they built a community on the idea of making it a rich area and the rich people follow. I guess some people are more interested in a status name rather than a quality location.