Sign in to follow this  
C & T Pressure Washing

x-jet in the trash

Question

59 answers to this question

Scott,

I would really like to see that set up with the hose real. As a have stated on another thread, I am in the process of setting up for the X-Jet, and I am looking for ideas on a housewash setup. I came up with a pretty cool set up for roof cleaning using the X-J of which some of the ideas for its design came from others on this forum.

Lance

Nathan, I agree with Jon. Don’t let me trying to get you to think a different way come across as an attack on you. If that’s the way it came across I apologize. It’s hard to express the tone in which one may be trying to convey in type. That’s all. Speaking for myself I never give it a second thought what people say or do with there own business, However I do come here to challenge and to be challenged which leads to me learning. I hope us disagreeing dosent prevent you from rolling up your sleeves and getting in a good ol fashioned debate in the future. Again, good luck to you.

I thought the x-jet somehow ran off the pressure washer downstream or something. If you have it on a tank with some hose, what is the power source? I really don't understand yet how the x-jet works. Thanks, Nick

The Xjet QC's to the end of your wand(where your tip usually goes)water is the power source that makes the Xjet work.as water passes through the Xjet it creates suction that draws the chemical from you tank,bucket or drum into the Xjet also. Take a look in the equipment section I have posted pics of our Xjet set up.Take a look.I hope this explaination helps.If not check out this website

http://www.xterior.com/html/x-jet.html ,these are the folks that invented the Xjet,they have a few picture that show some of what it does.

Thanks squirtgun, I'm getting the concept finally from your pictures and the website. Do you use x-jet mainly for housewashing? I see how my tank would be useful. My understanding is that your hose reel attached draws from the chemicals through the PW gun, and more hose gives you more mobility without moving your chemical source. How fast does your chemical get used? It seems like that volume would get rid of it pretty quickly. Thanks for your help, Nick

How fast you use chemicals will depend on the GPM of your machine.Our machine is 5.2gpm so a 5 gallon bucket will empty in just about 1 minute of non stop use.For most houses we wash(approx.1800 - 2000 sq.ft) we mix 15 gallons of housewash.The drum is empty when we are finished.We use our xjet for applying housewash,sodium hydroxide,oxalic and also chlorine.

With a 5.2gpm machine, you should be running very close to 2:1..which means you should empty that bucket in just a hair over two minutes. If you're emptying it in 1 minute, have you checked to verify that you are in fact putting out 5.2 gpm? I'd love to figure out how to get a 1:1 ratio on 5gpm....THAT'd be awesome.