Sign in to follow this  
plainpainter

Color Samples for A.C. Semisolid

Question

Scott this is an open message - I was curious if you could get me some color samples of the Semi-Solid A.C. line. I just landed by first deck of the year - and she's big - and both the customer and I decided that a semi-solid was the best compromise in longevity and repairability. Their deck gets really really beaten - they had a 3 year old Pressure treated section - that I swear to god looked 6-7 years old. Semitransparent - I don't believe is going to cut the mustard.

And this pressure treated is 'thirsty' - what kind of coverage rates are we talking with the semisolid - especially if I am going to saturate the horizontals with two coats? We're talking 1300 SF.

11 answers to this question

The line was busy - and I have never gotten Scott on the phone in the past.

Daniel,

I think Diamond Jim was suggesting calling the manufacturer, not a distributor. If Jake Clark will talk to me, I'm nearly certain he will talk to you.

I asked for - and received - a sample kit of all the A-C stains. I had found a deck that was being replaced and scavenged a few boards. After cleaning/brightening, I applied a sample of all the stains to about 1' of PT pine. I also had some repairs done to my own porch using the "new" PT pine and used the leftovers to do the same, so I now have a sample kit of old and new PT pine samples with all of the A-C stains.

I'm hoping to put together an order soon to save the shipping.