Sign in to follow this  
rick77

Mounting a Pressure Guage

I recently got a pressure guage for my machine. Is it best to mount the pressure guage on one of the ports on the unloader or directly onto the pump?

I've been leaning towards mounting it on the unloader but thought I'd consult all you guys to see which way is best.

Thanks!

Where ever it is best visible would be best.

I guess I could see the guage just as well on either the pump or the unloader because they are so close together. It'll probably be easiest to mount the guage onto one of the ports on the unloader.

Just don't lose the cap you need to remove to mount it. You may need it down the road.

That's a great point. I think it's just a 1/4 brass plug but I do need to keep it on hand just in case something goes wrong with the guage.

There are no installation directions with the guage I bought. But there is a sticker on the guage itself with writing about 5 times smaller than this type that you are now reading.

The sticker says after installation cut off the top or pierce the hole as shown. The illustration isn't very descriptive so I'm not really sure exactly what they mean.

Am I supposed to just clip the yellow plastic stem with scissors? What's the reason for this?

I use quick connects and put on the end of the hose when needed. I have no use for the gauge to always be there.

I guess that's personal preference. I had to make a choice of one or the other and decided that by having the guage mounted on the machine there would be no worry of losing it or dropping it and bursting.