Sign in to follow this  
Scott Paul

"New" Armstrong Website will be Made

Question

I talked to Jake Clark about Tonyg's suggestions and he was very excited about doing something. After I explained all the possibilities he decided that a new Armstrong site would be best on a more versatile platform. I offered to build the site but this will be a Manufacturer Site, not one of my sites.

This site will be designed for the contractor to help promote their Armstrong Clark wood restoration business. I believe it will have tremendous potential.

I have put some thought into this and so far I thought this would work:

1. Photo gallery

2. Monthly or quarterly contest

3. Armstrong Clark Contractor directory

4. Ability to vote on pictures

5. Ability to write comments for pictures

6. Blog for comments and suggestions.

7. Social networking such as twitter so people will be able to get updates whenever they happen. You would also be able to update and post pictures while you are in the field.

8. Winner of contest section where there is an article and links to contractor's web site helping promote the contractor/winner.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions, comments, or feedback on how this site could benefit your business.

Edited by Scott Paul

13 answers to this question

Scott,

Congrats on the plan. I'm sure Jake Clark will be pleased with the results from a well thought out design.

Did not realize you actually do the design and coding. Your new Sealer Store website is terrific, one of the best vendor websites in this business that I have seen.

Scott,

Congrats on the plan. I'm sure Jake Clark will be pleased with the results from a well thought out design.

Did not realize you actually do the design and coding. Your new Sealer Store website is terrific, one of the best vendor websites in this business that I have seen.

Thanks Rick! Designing, building, and promoting my websites are what I do for 5 months of the year while I am slow in the winter. It is something that I enjoy doing and keeps me very busy.

Thanks Rick! Designing, building, and promoting my websites are what I do for 5 months of the year while I am slow in the winter. It is something that I enjoy doing and keeps me very busy.

Scott,

Sure know that process. A few winters ago spent a lot of time learning HTML, CSS, a bit of XML, and Python. Use to code database systems moons ago, so picked it up fairly fast.

This winter will have to do some changes and updates to my site. Will probably have to learn all over again!

Rick, you'll have to learn the back end of content management systems such as Joomla. Scott is a master of Joomla now. I wrote the ***** site with Joomla. Its a little bit of a learning curve but once you get it down it is very powerful.

Haha heck you have the whole truck!

Insurance was going alright but now I'm getting fed up. Still no money, and you deal with close to a dozen people on a single claim. (claims agent, adjuster, towing coordinator, investigating engineer, total loss officer, special investigator, valuation officer, blah blah blah)

Today the special investigator asked me to give the names and addresses of every place I traveled to the day before the fire. Maybe he will go and interrogate the people at the China King restaurant I ate at for lunch that day.

Then he recorded my statement on everything that happened 24 hours up to the fire. I just hope he isnt planning on questioning my customers too.

In the meanwhile...I'm rocking this baby! Wakes up all the trophy wives in those golf neighborhoods

post-2382-137772249513_thumb.jpg

Edited by bigchaz

It is open source, Rick. I'm fairly certain it is portable. Is that the right word?

Ken,

Well, ported is the more correct term. MS does not believe or practice strict standards. There is a lot of open source software in the past few years that is only written for the MS operating system framework. Use to be the other way around. Redmond slaves use to have to wait!

On a quick search, Joomla is available for Linux.

The only problem is now learning a new code generation system. Already have the primary software tools for writing and testing. Probably a toss up...