Sign in to follow this  
zhamilton89

Has anyone read this book?

Not sure how long ago it was published, it has been around for a good 5 years or so, don't know if it has been updated.

I'm a bad one to ask about books, as I tend to want to buy them.... ;)

Beth

Hey folks,

We need some opinions here. I would give mine, but it would obviously be biased. Okay, you get my opinion anyway.

Each chapter covers a different application. The chapter should get you started if you have never cleaned what it is talking about, then you can tweak the information to what works best with your style.

We've never had anyone ask for a refund.

Error

This takes you to the guidebook on the Cleaner Times website, don't know why it says "error".

Beth, If I have overstepped what is proper for me to post, please delete this.

Stay safe & hydrated,

Chuck

Hey folks,

We need some opinions here. I would give mine, but it would obviously be biased. Okay, you get my opinion anyway.

Each chapter covers a different application. The chapter should get you started if you have never cleaned what it is talking about, then you can tweak the information to what works best with your style.

We've never had anyone ask for a refund.

Error

This takes you to the guidebook on the Cleaner Times website, don't know why it says "error".

Beth, If I have overstepped what is proper for me to post, please delete this.

Stay safe & hydrated,

Chuck

No book will do your thinking for you. A book is only supposed to be a point of reference. I have never read anything published by Advantage Publishing that wasn't well worth the price. They employ only the very best. Some day Charlene Yarborough will be properly honored for what she and her company have done to further this industry.

Just My Opinion

Larry Hinckley

Some day Charlene Yarborough will be properly honored for what she and her company have done to further this industry.

Just My Opinion

Larry Hinckley

Larry,

Thank you for those kind words. Whatever Charlene does, she does with a passion. That is why Cleaner Times is where it is at today. She, and the rest of us here, love this industry.

I have been here 17 years and in that time I have seen the pressure washing industry literally "come out of the dark". At that time about the only thing a mobile washer did was fleet washing - at night, in the dark.

Larry, you guys have good educational material also.

Stay safe and hydrated,

Chuck

Edited by crispy crittr

Has anyone read this book? Power Washer's Guidebook - 4th Revision | ePowerwash.com It looks pretty legit, I just want to know if it is a waste of money or if it is worth the read. Books I have bought on trades this specific in the past have been a joke.

Thanks,

As others have mentioned, it is good reference material, but nothing will replace the learning curve associated with understanding what the effects your process will have on any particular substrate being worked on.

Concrete, wood, aluminum, vinyl, brick, E.I.F.S., Dryvit, Stucco, Asphalt, Glass, megaflon, duranar and other substrates all bear the effects of chemicals according to their composition, pH of the chemicals and the reactive range of them.

Some chemicals may be effective on certain pollutants while adversely affecting the surface. This is just an example to point out that there is a great deal of knowledge to be gained before hand.

Pressure washing any of these substrates requires a specific knowledge unique to each and is not a one size fits all type of application. Pressure can create damage obviously but also under the right conditions it can provide the desired results. Modifying that pressure according to the substrate being addressed is key.

We all urge caution and patience hand in hand with attention to details and responsibility for the processes employed.

Rod!~

I think i have that book??? Geee, wheres it at? I need to find it, or buy another one!!! I started out gutter cleaning n paid..... 20 30 bucks for an info thing on starting a gutter cleaning biz and i was already doin it all, so it was a waste of money but also told me i was doin everything ok.

Read, read and read.

Some people have published books, some have written articles, some have .....others have started bulletin boards.

Read, read and read.

OH, by the way, don't believe everything you read.