Sign in to follow this  
808powerwash

PW weird pressure problem

I have a older Hydrotek 32006h trailer mount. Everything works fine but...

If i am washing with any of my tips and i release the trigger to stop, once i try to start up again i have no pressure. If i take the tip off and squeeze the trigger the machine will start and after about a second i will have pressure again. I release the trigger and put the tip back on and pressure wass again but once i let the trigger go, i will have to start the process all over again. If i am using the surface cleaner i no problems starting or stopping. I called the local dealer and he recommends to change the unloader but i am thinking i either have rubbish in the screens or the ez start valve is not working. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

P.S- I have a large job to start tomorrow and being that i am in Hawaii we are real limited on parts. Could I use a unloader from a different manufacture if they spec out the same. Also, I consider myself fairly mechanical, could i service the unloader with out killing myself. I am pretty sure i have a general zk unloader.

Take the 13 mm headed bolts out of the bottom of the unloader. You'll see a shaft with a ball shape on the end. Grab it and pull it out. Under the piston is a spring. Stretch the spring EVENLY about 1/8" - 1/4" and put it back together. It'll jump right up for you.

P.S. If you ever need parts, let me know. I can ship about anything (as long as it fits in a large flat rate box and weighs 70 lbs or less) for no more than $13.95 US Priority Mail, and you get it in 3 days (as long as it's in stock).

UPS charges $54.51 (10 lbs), and it takes 5 days to get to you. 70 lbs costs $225.46.

Edited by Russ Johnson

Thanks for all the responses. It actually does this with any tip installed including the turbo nozzle. The only attachment it does not do this is with the surface cleaner, but..........

Russ- did what you said and everything has been all good so far. I will definitely call you if we need parts.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your Knowledge with me.

Russ- did what you said and everything has been all good so far.

That's a sign that you're K7 is getting weak. Might last a year, might last 2 months. It will eventually need to be replaced.

I would buy 2 from Russ. One to replace now and one for as spare. If you have more than 4 or 5 machines you have you should keep a spare pump, especially if you run ar's or generals. You never know when you might need it.

AR owners will become very profecient with changing oil seals.

Cat and Comet owners own Home Depot machine.

General owners don't know about copper connecting rods and U packs.

Udor owners just keep working day in and day out with no problems.:)

Edited by offduty