Sign in to follow this  
TNTPW

Pool Chlorine

Question

I need to know exactly what to ask the pool company locally for. I am going to buy some Pool Chlorine to put in my homemade wash to clean roofs and houses. Is tehre a specific one. A better one in your opinion. I just need to know what to ask for. I think i read some where in here it should be 10 to 12%. This job will be done tomorrow. Thanks ahead of time for the quick response.

12 answers to this question

Paul, I knew i should have just asked you. I have one more question. I will be mixing in a 5 gallon bucket. What is the ratio you would recomend. Keep in mind i am also adding in to that my own homemade brew.

Travis,

We need more info from you to help out with your question.

How are you going to apply your house wash? x-jet, downstream? pump-up sprayer or a shurflo type setup?

The Sodium Hypochlorite coming out of your nozzle should be at a 3-4% level. Depending on how much mold and mildew there is, you may need to re-apply or adjust the strength.

Travis,

What are you using that is exactly like the X-Jet?

Paul B.,

Was the 3 to 4% you mentioned for house washing or roofs?

Lance

Travis,

Are you using the Cat injector?It looks like an Xjet but does not have nearly as good a draw rate.

I have both and the Cat sits in the tool box(I even removed the metering valve and swithed it to 3/8" hose and it still won't draw as good)To each his own,but I prefer our Xjet

Travis,

Just as Scott has said if it the cat or any other "imitation" x-jet it does npot draw as good. But as Paul has stated that is what you need to come out the end of your wand. You will probally have to figure this out yourself. If you were using the real x-jet I could help out a little more.:)

Paul,

If you only require .5 to 1% of chlorine for house washing then why not use the downstream injector? If my information is write, donwnstreams pull about a 1 to 10 ratio chem to water, so if I am using 12% chlorine that would give me about 1.2% chlorine using the downstreamer.

From what I've heard from those who have tried, no, you won't draw twice as much.

I don't use the downstreamer at all...I find the Xjet easier. I use between .6% and 1.2% for housewashing, and it is just easier to mix it for the Xjet...