Sign in to follow this  
Rick2

Strange Wash or Funny Stories

Question

Sitting here with another rainy day. I can only do jigsaw puzzles and watch Sponge Bob for so long with the 4 year old. I was thinking about the funny things that happen while power washing.

Last year I was called to a home in a rather affulent area to wash trees.

The home owner was having a party and wanted the trees that line the driveway removed of moss so the guests wouldn't be "insulted" as the drove in. I thought this was kind of nuts but they wrote the check. You would have done the same thing (I'm sure).

Another funny one. I was doing a house and the home owner kept offering me a Coke but I told her I have a cooler in the truck filled with ice and soda. Finally I took her Coke just out of politness but put it in the cooler with the rest of them. When the job was done she subtracted 85 cents for the soda. Talk about cheap!

Okay, one more. While walking down a ladder when the job was finished I caught the side of my jeans on the ladder and put a 5 inch rip on the side.

The home owner saw this and offered to sew them for me. I told her about 5 times that it was okay, don't worry about it. Finally I gave up and told her she could do it (thinking I'd drop them off the next day). She left the room and came back with a little face cloth saying I could wear it while she fixed my jeans. I told her I really had to leave. My wife got a good laugh out of that.

The next year she called back for another wash job. I was late getting there. She asked why and I told her I had to drop off the baby. She said I didn't know you were married... I've got no problem sleeping with married men." I finished the job and got out of there. She has never called me after that.

What are your stories? Rick.

5 answers to this question

Another funny one. I was doing a house and the home owner kept offering me a Coke but I told her I have a cooler in the truck filled with ice and soda. Finally I took her Coke just out of politness but put it in the cooler with the rest of them. When the job was done she subtracted 85 cents for the soda. Talk about cheap!

Okay, one more. While walking down a ladder when the job was finished I caught the side of my jeans on the ladder and put a 5 inch rip on the side.

The home owner saw this and offered to sew them for me. I told her about 5 times that it was okay, don't worry about it. Finally I gave up and told her she could do it (thinking I'd drop them off the next day). She left the room and came back with a little face cloth saying I could wear it while she fixed my jeans. I told her I really had to leave. My wife got a good laugh out of that.

The next year she called back for another wash job. I was late getting there. She asked why and I told her I had to drop off the baby. She said I didn't know you were married... I've got no problem sleeping with married men." I finished the job and got out of there. She has never called me after that.

What are your stories? Rick.

I had to read your post a couple of times. I thought the coke lady and the seamstress were the same person. I was thinking if a Coke was $.85, what was the sewing job going to cost. Probably more than you could afford, especially with a new child.

Many of us have washed the wrong house...I did this once and learned a costly lesson from my mistake!

Never did that washing but I did snow plow the wrong lot many years ago.

I had to read your post a couple of times. I thought the coke lady and the seamstress were the same person. I was thinking if a Coke was $.85, what was the sewing job going to cost. Probably more than you could afford, especially with a new child.

Oh no. I would have had both of them pay me, it was that bad.