Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Floor Sanders.

Question

7 answers to this question

Starting to research on walk behind floor sanders.

What brand do you like the best?

Is buying used a good idea?

I bought a used one off of ebay that worked great for a week - paid $300 for it plus an additional $125 in shipping. Then I purchased $569 in parts to repair it. Still haven't repaired it though. Good luck!

I was at a Ritchie Bros. auction a few years back. I bought 2 squar buff sanders, 2 carpet cleaners and an electric tile wrecker for $50. Truly, one of the best deals of my life. I sold the carpet cleaners to a guy for $150.

They do a good job. It takes you up an extra notch in the service you provide.

Now I need to replace the rubber on the botton of them. The manufacturer isn't being very helpful. YET. But if I don't get some form of satisfaction soon I'm going to be the squeeky wheel. They say they only have one person that can help with parts, and she's on vacation !!!!!

Edited by Richard

Wow, great idea. I have heard of Ritchie Bros auctions. They are probably in Houston as well.

What a steal you got.

I would love to have a floor sander.

Then again I like that they paid for themself with the gear you sold.

Adrian, I bought all my sanders except for the 12" drum used from rentals yards. Havent had a problem with any of them, they usually let you rent it once to try it & then apply the rental toward the purchase. The square buff is needing new rubber isolators, but Ive had it for 8 years.

post-1457-137772294652_thumb.jpg

Edited by acegot
added pic