Sign in to follow this  
prowash

down streaming???

Question

Hi, I just started doing some pw on the side earlier this summer. I got alot or my stuff from Pressure Tek. Nice folks. I am using Simple cherry and f13 and some 10.5% chlorine from a pool supply for washing houses. I was using the downstream thing on my pwer. The other day i checked it and it is only putting out about 1 to 20 ratio. I bought another one from PT and put quick connects on it and it puts out maybe 1 to 15. It was a 2-3 gpm and my pw is a 4 though. How do yall guys that ds get it on strong enough?

16 answers to this question

Hi, I just started doing some pw on the side earlier this summer. I got alot or my stuff from Pressure Tek. Nice folks. I am using Simple cherry and f13 and some 10.5% chlorine from a pool supply for washing houses. I was using the downstream thing on my pwer. The other day i checked it and it is only putting out about 1 to 20 ratio. I bought another one from PT and put quick connects on it and it puts out maybe 1 to 15. It was a 2-3 gpm and my pw is a 4 though. How do yall guys that ds get it on strong enough?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPgbgMN7GVs]YouTube - Down Streaming[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwD5XvMJD5s]YouTube - Down Streaming[/ame]

lol!!! I did say some swear by it! (downstreaming)!! I just got one and had an idea to use the downsram and xjet combo that didnt work. Other than that I still havent used the down stream for anything yet. I know you have to adjust your chems stronger to make up the difference with the xjet.

I didnt say that right. The chems have to be mixed stronger for downstreamin vs. xjet.

Edited by gutterdog

Prowash, Welcome to TGS.

Please go to your "My Controls" and complete your signature line.

House Rules.

We like to know who we are talking to.

Also, the questions you asked in your initial post covers a BROAD spectrum of answers. Try using the search function. Alot of the vets here are more than willing to help you, with the assurance that you have already done some research.

Again, welcome to TGS.

You might look into insurance coverage as well, if not already covered.

It's a good move for even part timers or on the side operations.

Edited by Adrian

I just got one and had an idea to use the downsram and xjet combo that didnt work.

3rd best post I have seen all week on any of the forums. ( all in the same thread)

How's that new XJDS setup working out?

Edited by Adrian

lol!!! I did say some swear by it! (downstreaming)!! I just got one and had an idea to use the downsram and xjet combo that didnt work. Other than that I still havent used the down stream for anything yet. I know you have to adjust your chems stronger to make up the difference with the xjet.

Trust me - it's easy to over do it, even with downstreaming. I've heard guys in the past talk about how you have to squeeze every last drop of bleach into 5'er just to get some decent bleach strength on a house.

Firstly when you have a great 'soap' that is synergistic with your bleach - the strength of your bleach is magnified. Secondly you barely have to go above 50% of your bucket in bleach to get great cleaning action. I made the mistake once of using my all my ratios but instead of putting it into a 5'er - I put it into some 'quikrete' bucket which isn't as large. And it killed the worst mold, mildew, algae in less than 5 seconds - it's action was way too strong. I could have cleaned dryvit/stucco with that mix.

I am at the point where the only thing I can't clean with a downstreamer is patios made of composite decking and roofs. I can clean just about everything else. The downstreamer is my friend!

3rd best post I have seen all week on any of the forums. ( all in the same thread)

How's that new XJDS setup working out?

The XJDS Idea I had didnt work. So I bought 40 feet of that tube for the xjet and put a ball valve on it.

Im going to be good with downstreaming eventually. Takes time. Hands on experience. And alot of reading. Oh and I got pics just as goood as yall! lol!!! I seem to post them wrong?

Right now i love my xjet!

Edited by gutterdog