Sign in to follow this  
gutterdog

How did you survive the recession. Did you survive? What changes did you make to win

Gutt

The recession is kind of like a bowl of ice cream man you know what I'm sayin? Think of your favorite two flavors and pack em into a big fat bowl, not with spoons but with a real ice cream scooper and let em sit there and acclimate to room temperature where the top layer starts to get soft and the center is still solid ice cream. Then just start peeling thin layers off the top where its getting soft and when it gets down a little, pack it with your spoon so the whole bowl of ice cream is like one big soft ball and then roll it over so the bottom comes to the top. That side thats been in the bottom of the bowl is like soft serve. Its great. Then, just repeat process. Thats how surviving the recession is.

This isnt meant to be taken literally, its more like metaphor, or parable, heck maybe even double entendre but I think you will gain something good from this. Something good.

2 years ago i had to start a new business as pretty much everything collapsed here starting with the water restrictions and then the builder default,it is starting to pick up around here so we are gearing up to get back into the industry.

the bright side is i became a manufacture and have a steady business with sales in the US and 15 different countries.

recently i was able to revisit and update a product that we used to make for ourselves while working in the powerwashing business and will be offering them for retail in the next week or so.

supposedly we are exiting the reccession but will be a while before we forget about it,and you never know when the next one is around the corner.

Right now we are in a bad water shortage situation.Some industries are thriving and some are going under.Depends on where you look.Pressure washing is up in some aspects and down in others.Overall is slower than last year but there are new aspects showing that I have not seen before so this year might be better than the last one.

Gutt

The recession is kind of like a bowl of ice cream man you know what I'm sayin? Think of your favorite two flavors and pack em into a big fat bowl, not with spoons but with a real ice cream scooper and let em sit there and acclimate to room temperature where the top layer starts to get soft and the center is still solid ice cream. Then just start peeling thin layers off the top where its getting soft and when it gets down a little, pack it with your spoon so the whole bowl of ice cream is like one big soft ball and then roll it over so the bottom comes to the top. That side thats been in the bottom of the bowl is like soft serve. Its great. Then, just repeat process. Thats how surviving the recession is.

This isnt meant to be taken literally, its more like metaphor, or parable, heck maybe even double entendre but I think you will gain something good from this. Something good.

Sorry...., I dont understand? But I know I'm getting some ice cream later!!!!