Sign in to follow this  
Visionzlandscapes

Help with pricing

Question

Hey guys before you give the noob a hard time i would like to say that I am just trying to learn so i can put forth a good effort and dedication to my work where as i know i am doing each job correctly! I currently run a landscaping operation and wanting to start an power washing operation because i am being asked by over 50% of my customers to do some washing.

Here is my equipment.

2002 chevy 2500 HD

New 2600 PSI troy built 7 hp. washer.

I will be solo operation as of starting off until i get estabilished. Not looking to make millions just some extra income. I have done pressure work before now i just want to make sure i am right with the pricing so that i am competative and on the other hand so i do not cheat myself by doing it too cheap.

here are some prices i have came up with after internet research.

* fairly clean cement-.10 per sqft and $75 minimum

*greasy cement.nasty-.15 per sqft.

WOOD

-.80 to pressure wash only

-.85 cent per sqft to seal only

-$1.45 to do both per sqft and $1 per linear ft on rails and spindles. Minimum of $150.00

Vinyl siding homes-

fairly clean-.15 cent per sqft

dirty-.17 sqft

moldy/mildew-.22 sqft

How does those prices sound?

also when i apply deterent to the house do i charge by the square ft for that as well? OR do i only charge for the pressure washing per sqft??

thanks in advance!!!

84 answers to this question

Greg and Beth,

Pardon me, but this method does work, and well. Of course not all decks are the same, and only a fool would think that. Our estimate table has different pricing for different railing types. I can get within $5.00 on most bids, in a fraction of the time. Just because someone doesn't do it the way you do, doesn't make it wrong. Final prices are adjusted up or down based on factors such as accessibility, height, and finish to be removed. I can plug in the floor surface square footage in and get a good idea of "material cost" immediately. I also NEVER leave an estimate anymore. I always send them via e-mail due to competitor theft. Just using a blanket statement like "it's less profitable" is BS.

As a side note, I wouldn't recommend this method of estimating to a novice (only to Nube know-it-all's;)). I've been restoring wood for some time now, and guess what? I'm still in business.

I am usually the first to get there and give an estimate. Sometimes there not home. So I call and leave a message. I dont give the price. I want to hear the tone of their voice, feedback. I just say got some prices for ya cal me back!

I lost a job in NW (high dollar) because i bid it to low etc. He asked bout low pressure stuff like you do. That was a cple months ago. Why i was so needy. Lost the job. I wanted to do it the way you gus do. ahhhhhh lost it. I wasnt ready yet. stil aint.

I want to meet everyone. The plain painter too!! Wish I could make it there but just gettin things together again.

Bobby said if I could walk there do it!

I'll be there!!!

A few years ago before I had friends I had money like that!

Networking is a very strong thing. Especially now.

You are way out of line. The next post I think you should make should be an apology to both Celeste and to myself, since I'm a woman too.

I may be a woman, but stupid...I'm not...

Beth

Jeez Beth, you powerwash like a girl. Nanny Nanny Boo Boo.

i used half quart of bleach to 1 gallon of water with a little drop of soap for the vinyl siding house. applied detergents standing on ladder then used 0 degree tip to rinse it off mildew and all looks brand new now! took about 3 hrs and a half!

Work with that zero degree, you'll be amazed with the results. Your customers will too.

Who knew gutter work was so traumatic?...not to mention dramatic.

Youll understand later.

This weekend I sold every job!!! Its dramatic when you pull every resorse to survive. To get back up where you were at.

My friend... You have a full time job...

Things are not cherry! believe what you want. The hunger to go full time is there, wait.