Sign in to follow this  
Isaac B

Using Hydroxide after bleach.

Question

11 answers to this question

Yes, it will get hot. Hydroxide does that with or without ( bleach ).

I have never had it warp wood. I have to make some pretty hot batches sometimes.

How are you applying it?

Do a test area with a small mix and see how it works for you. Adjust your mix to the test area when you hit the entire area. Then neutralize.

You could probably save a step by mixing the two and xjetting at once. It will just have to be mixed a bit hotter than the pump due to the water to mix ratio from the xjet.

The pump sprayer will be hot to the touch for sure as will the jug for xjet.

Spray it. Let it dwell. neutralize.

Ya, I will take pics. I am building my portfolio for wood restoration. I can't stain right now as I need a CCB license for that (winter project). Next spring I will launch a restoration division.

UMMMM, maybe I missed something here but why are you using Hydroxide at all? You mention mold, mildew and moss, but not stripping old stain. Why would you use hydroxide?? All you will do is ensure LOTS of fuzzies. The bleach will kill the stuff growing on the pine, and will brighten it as well.

UMMMM, maybe I missed something here but why are you using Hydroxide at all? You mention mold, mildew and moss, but not stripping old stain. Why would you use hydroxide?? All you will do is ensure LOTS of fuzzies. The bleach will kill the stuff growing on the pine, and will brighten it as well.

I don't think you missed anything.

I based my responses to his first sentence.

..have to prep some wood for stain.....

I guess I assumed that there was old stain to be taken off.

Edited by Adrian