Sign in to follow this  
gutterdog

gettin close to the end of season.

Question

I want to get one more thing before I go into save mode.

3 things... A sure flow setup, surface cleaner or a better pump for engine....

I could use all 3 right now.

Im gonna get the better pump. Goin' from 4gpm to 5 n half!

The increase in gpm is the thing for me.

Its gettin close to the end of the season.

What are your thoughts?

What are you going to diff this year?

12 answers to this question

Here in Texas, from what i gather the season never really ends just slows down a little bit, For me though the closer the "season" gets here the more calls ive been having. Go figure.

I personally think next year will be a great year for everyone.

John

Here in Texas, from what i gather the season never really ends just slows down a little bit, For me though the closer the "season" gets here the more calls ive been having. Go figure.

I personally think next year will be a great year for everyone.

John

It is kinda weird how things picking up when should be dying down soon.

I'm going to play it a little safe though.

Michael, To your original question, Before I started this business, during the winter season I would hang Christmas lights to earn some extra income during the holidays, Now I have made holiday lighting apart of my business, Ive started advertising for it from now, and have about 18 houses booked thus far.

Id look into it, my smallest house for lights is 2400 Sq/ft and they are paying 375 4 hours and im done.

John

Michael, To your original question, Before I started this business, during the winter season I would hang Christmas lights to earn some extra income during the holidays, Now I have made holiday lighting apart of my business, Ive started advertising for it from now, and have about 18 houses booked thus far.

Id look into it, my smallest house for lights is 2400 Sq/ft and they are paying 375 4 hours and im done.

John

I did a couple houses, xmas lights, last year too! Its even on the website!

No new bites yet.

I'm in Maryland as well. I usually cut off work when it gets below 50 Degrees. A few jobs still left to go and hoping for several more weeks of good weather. Booked a deck for next year already and that is what I normally start to do at this time. Last fall I didn't book any work for the spring of this year and things started slow and had a few spurts. This year the deck business was slower than normal and house washing was the big seller for me. As my stain prices went up my cost were not recovered in my price per sq ft . 2008 was the pinacle of my pricing. I managed to get 2008 prices but ate the cost increase on the stain. As the economy stumbles I can find better profit margins in house washing as the cost of materials is much less a % of the price than deck washing and staining.

Season starting to wind down??? Are you kidding me? Dog keep marketing, pressure washing houses will run close to Thankgsving usually, and gutter cleaning season is just around the corner.

Don't but the new equipment yet though, hang on to your money until March or April, those pumps won't do you much good until then anyway.

Season starting to wind down??? Are you kidding me? Dog keep marketing, pressure washing houses will run close to Thankgsving usually, and gutter cleaning season is just around the corner.

Don't but the new equipment yet though, hang on to your money until March or April, those pumps won't do you much good until then anyway.

Come on leaves fall!!!! Hope it isn't too cold to do that house with the concrete pool in the back around the 22 when he closes on the house. Think I'll attempt it anyway. He went for the deluxe package, wax, gutter scrub everything except the cheap seal on the wood.

36 degrees this morning. Too cold to do roofs.

Today the high is 61. Got a medium sized gutter clean today. Couple blocks from the embassies in NW DC. Scheduled at noon. Should be warmer then! I gotta get outa hear and wash the truck! Throw a lil wax on it too!!!

Bling bling baby!!! Bling bling!!