Sign in to follow this  
hermies pressure washing

Downstreaming rig

Question

I have been reading yall's forums for a while now and just started my own business. Things are slow right now, but hoping things will pick up. I just have a quick question about downstreaming. I have a 3500 psi 4gm belt driven machine. Im recieving a water tank in the next few days and also have a chemical tank. What is the best way to set up my trailer to downstream. Also where can I get warning signs for my chemical tank? And last but not least putting the simple cherry in the directly with the chem tank is the best way to go? Thank you for your help you guys are great. And if any of you Polk County guys read this would it be possible to meet up one day and tag along for some tips. Im great labor LOL.

6 answers to this question

If you are targeting residential, wouldn't putting your house mix in a 5 gallon bucket be easier, Than premixing a large batch that you may not completely use? after a few days, That mix is not going to be near as strong.

If i were you i would save that chem tank for mixing up a roof cleaning solution, and buy a delavan pump and ds out of a 5 er. After a while when you are doing 4-5 houses a day, then pre mixing large quantities may be benificial

Edited by PressureWashE

I agree using a 5 er is efficient, until the volume warrants improved efficiency. I have a roof tank (no bulk head fitting) and a 7 GPM delevan dedicated for roof washing only.

G'day

I'll disagree and advise you to set it all up for when you are busy - while you have time is the time to invest the time in an efficient set up. There's no fun in trying to find time to build the efficient set up when you are too busy to have any spare time.

You don't have to fill the tank.

Keep the hoses as short as possible.

Put a filter between the water tank and the pump for "just in case" as well as the filter before the tank.

Don't have the water inlet/return to the tank directly above the outlet to the pump - when the level is low the incoming water can create turbulence and allow bubbles to be sucked into the pump.

... slow now... it's a fact of business that the first year or so is slow and this is why many businesses close. Your offer of labour for learning is a wise move - better to learn from some-one else's mistakes than have to make them all yourself (like I have). The second year is when it will take off if you can get most of your first year jobs as repeats - make sure they can find you (advertising, business cards, fridge magnets etc) or better still send them a postcard with a personalised reminder "hey... it's been a year since I washed your house, has the mould grown back yet?" then offer to do the job for the same price as last year - not having to visit for a quote save time and time = money.

And finally... there's very little good luck, just lots of hard/smart work, so keep your eyes and ears open.

Cheers

John

G'day

I'll disagree and advise you to set it all up for when you are busy - while you have time is the time to invest the time in an efficient set up. There's no fun in trying to find time to build the efficient set up when you are too busy to have any spare time.

You don't have to fill the tank.

Keep the hoses as short as possible.

Put a filter between the water tank and the pump for "just in case" as well as the filter before the tank.

Don't have the water inlet/return to the tank directly above the outlet to the pump - when the level is low the incoming water can create turbulence and allow bubbles to be sucked into the pump.

... slow now... it's a fact of business that the first year or so is slow and this is why many businesses close. Your offer of labour for learning is a wise move - better to learn from some-one else's mistakes than have to make them all yourself (like I have). The second year is when it will take off if you can get most of your first year jobs as repeats - make sure they can find you (advertising, business cards, fridge magnets etc) or better still send them a postcard with a personalised reminder "hey... it's been a year since I washed your house, has the mould grown back yet?" then offer to do the job for the same price as last year - not having to visit for a quote save time and time = money.

And finally... there's very little good luck, just lots of hard/smart work, so keep your eyes and ears open.

Cheers

John

Great advice John,

All good points.